IGNORED

Can Tokico HP be install with coil over?

jcote75

I've measure the coilover set up strut and my standard strut and they're the same. The only thing that seem different is the springs.

The springs on the coilover set up is about 6 inch shorter than the Eibach prokit. Both measure unloaded.

This is not for track use. Just to lower the car.

I'll take a picture tonight.

For you info, those are the part number: Front: 54302-E4624 / Rear strut: 55302-E4621 from an old Datsun competition catalog.

If someone would have the spec of theses, would be enven better than a picture.

I've been searching about coil over and from what I understand, (if strut is not shorthened) those are standard strut with thread added. If so, I could install my standard Eibach spring with Tokico HP? I read that the Eiach spring lowered the car from ±1.5 inch. With the threated strut, could I get an additonnal inch?

Jocelyn - The Eibach springs will lower your car ~ 1.5 inches as you note, and the threaded collar of the coil-over strut will allow you to further lower or raise the car based on where you set the lower spring perch....so yes you could get another inch. The purpose of the shortened strut is to regain the total spring travel you loose when you lower the car significantly...and depending on the diameter of the eibach springs they may, or may not fit the coil-over struts..

I have Tokico HP and Eibachs on my ZXT and it sits lower enough that I have to pay attention to speed bumps in parking lots.

Gordon Garrard

Here is a picture of the coil over. I have also a picture with the coil over spring compare to Eibach Prokit spring.

For your information, Front Spring/R is 218 Lbs/In and rear Spring/R is 271 Lbs/In on the cowl over set up.

I've measure the cowl over spring and they measure 9.5 inch. The strut seam to be the same lenght than standard one.

So know my questions are: Can I ride with the standart Tokico HP shock with the coil over spring set up? Would this ridable on the street (This is a week end car)?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Joce

post-17119-14150804929975_thumb.jpg

post-17119-14150804930165_thumb.jpg

Yes, depending on the internal length of the strut tubes. I can also set you up with shorter HP shocks that will fit fine inside shortened strut housings, if yours are shorter then stock. But, with the spring rates you list, you'll be about at the limit of the rebound control offered by the HP shocks. The Illuminas would be a better choice and the Tokico HTS shocks the best.