Whats your best drag time.  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your best drag time.

• 16 seconds.
    • 15 seconds.
    • 14 seconds.
    • 13 seconds.
    • 12 seconds.
    • 11 seconds (I'm a bad ass, my name is Cuong).
    • 10 seconds.
    • 9 seconds (I don't even try anymore, cuz im a pimp).
    • I've never dragged my Z!

Hey everyone,

I know everyone isn't a drag racer, but I was just wondering what you guys run in the quarter-mile(what is it in the metric world) or what your 0-60mph(0-100kph) was. Or just any other times that you may want to flaunt.

I've never dragged/timed my Z's, but i gotta say Mike:

12 to 14 seconds?? isn't that a huge range in drag times? Kinda like, hey my car cost oh, say 5 to 17 thousand dollars?...

zya all. JAROFL

It might have to due with my old age of 32. Can't remember things that well anymore. But, hey.. I just got both ears pierced... trying to stay hip with the times.

I took mine to Baylands Raceway in Freemont, CA USA in the first year I had it, back in '88. I went to watch my buddy run his 13 second '65 SS Nova. It was the Wednesday night grudge matches and it was the same price to spectate or to run your car.

My best pass was 16.66 @ 88 MPH. I was just outta high school and had no clue how to get off the line well. The car was bone stock with 195/70R14's. I remember going home and digging through my Dad's old Road & Tracks to see how I compared to the car new and I was dead on! They listed 16.5 quarter mile and 8.7 0-60. I know it doesn't sound like much these days but it was pretty good for it's time. Hell in the '80s I think a stock Camero/Mustang was in the mid to high 15's and a stock C4 Corvette only ran a high 14 second et.

I hope mine is a little faster these days. Actually, my Z buddy just bought one of those Gtech copies and we plan to take are cars out to a long stretch of lonely contry road and see how they do. Just gotta go get it (with me in it) weighed at the local metal scrap yard.

Have fun!

Well i did somthing real stupid today raced a Civic, beat the Civic got a speeding ticket. Wasn't going real fast, never even got into third, got clocked doing 61 in a 45. I am hanging that S@#t up.

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: O well i guess i should know better .