IGNORED

L24 performance upgrades.

tabrinn

• 3 years later...

Hey Julio,

Fantastic info on your Rebello 2.7...much appreciated. I'm planning on doing the same thing next year and will call Dave to get a little more info. It appears you were able to use your original fuel pump. I'm surprised at how cheaply you were able to get the motor done (I'm sure not having to go to Weber triples saved a bunch). What is the seat-of-the-pants feel of this engine vs. your stocker? I'm planning on using a ZX 5-spd and an R180 diff with 3.90s and an LSD. Keep us posted on your Z's progress.

I'm liking this discussion.

Trying to figure out what route I'm going to take with my mostly original '73. I didn't think about the fact that boring the L24 is a one-time deal.

I'm thinking I'll buy an L28, do a bit of a "refresh," throw in a stage II cam, and a 90,000 mile E31 head I picked up recently on eBay. Also working on a deal for Triple SKs.

The ignition notes seem extremely essential. Thanks. Can someone throw a ball park figure for the full Mallory set-up?

For those of you buying the Rebello engines, do you get a build sheet? I understand some of their methods are close-hold, but I would not buy an engine without knowing the exact parts that were used. Similarly, do any of you keep your L24s after changing the engine? I'm torn; I know resale value tends to be higher for the more period correct versus chopped up coil-over cars, etc.