IGNORED

What's up with these springs?

And while we're at it, we'll Change the blinker fluid and grease the choke bearings. I just changed out the old Air in the tires for new air. WOW, what a difference. ROFL ROFL ROFL

Anyways,

I've NEVER seen springs compressed like the ones in the first post. Those are almost pointless as springs. I was a little miffed when Jon said "That's Normal"

Normal if you have a car full of fat chicks after a damn big meal.

I just ordered my Eibach P.R. springs from MSA along with the KYB front Struts. The sales man said the 280Z set-up is the one I need but I'm still not convinced considering The strut tubes (inner length) is only different by 1/8" from my 70' 240Z and the 2/74' 260Z. Does this sound right?

The spring perch is 1" lower on the 260Z than the 240Z's spring perch. That would tell me 280Z springs but still confused about the front struts.

240Z front inner tube length is 15 1/16"

260Z front inner tube length is 15 3/16"

260Z Rear inner tube length is 16 13/16"

All 4 springs on the 260Z are stock and 15.5" uncompressed. And it sits at a normal height. What is the height of the Eibach PR springs, when placed side by side with the 260Z springs?

When I order the rear struts, should they be the 280Z KYB's?

HELP

Dave.

Asiaracecarman,

What shocks? From the picture it looks like the insulator and upper spring perch are installed incorrectly or the shock you're using is too short.

The shocks are the tokico blues.. pretty basic, non adjustable. Got them at msa. a Z mechanic installed everything, not me. I dont know what the upper hat and insulator is supposed to look like. Is it possible to get front to back shocks mixed up easily?

The stance is about at least 50% taller in the front then the picture in my gallery (pic before springs).

eric

Edited by asianracecarman

i cant even be 100% sure what the upper hat is from. I dont know much about the Z, but i geuss the 240,60 and 80 had different upper hats? this could quite possibly not have a 240 hat?.... i remember when my dad bought the car, the front was reeeeeeally high up, and we had the front lowered...... i have no idea how (i think cut springs)...

Edited by asianracecarman