IGNORED

Datsun Driving CANBY Fun June 14 & 15

Bruce Palmer

Now I would love to go but I have to be over in Richland that weekend for my Aunt's retirement party. I wonder what kinda of way I could use to get out of it.

77 280Z

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/babry27/77%20Datsun%20Restoration/?start=all

Tell them you are driving your Datsun, and then you call and say your car stopped running in a small town called Canby!!!!!

Actually, I must agree with those that have claimed a great time at the gathering, whether judged or voting, or not. I have done both. I think this is a highlight of the year. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town this year. Sitting in the airport as I am writing this. Everyone, please post lots of pics!!. Somebody start a "Datsun Driving" photo thread. I'll drink a liter to you all!

Just information. There is a group of us Z drivers gathering at the Roadside Rest on I-5 at 9:30 . this is the one on the South bound side of I-5, and it is just South of the first exit to Canby that you will see coming from the North. So if you are interested pass the first exit you see to Canby going South. We will be leaving shortly after 9:30 . It is always fun to meet the people we share email with and see there Zs. Gary
For any coming up I-5 from the South, I'll be leaving the Eugene area at 7:30. Meeting a couple in a 280Z in the Safeway parking lot on Q Street in Springfield at 7:20 or so. We should pass through the Albany area around 8:15 or so. We will probably stop for coffee there, then back onto the freeway. This should get us into the rest area no later than 9:30.

For Northbound people to meet at the Southbound rest area, you want to go past the first Canby exit, and then past the rest area on the Northbound side, take the very next exit and swing around and back on to the freeway heading South. The rest area is only a mile or two from there.

Once again, a great get-together at Canby today. Great weather, and more cars than last year. We realized just prior to the awards that we hadn't seen or heard the promised dyno, but other than that, easily as good as promised. Met up with a bunch of friends, had a really good time. One of the best parts was the final 10 miles or so after we left the rest area. Eleven early Zs (one each 260Z and 280Z, the rest 240Zs) and a 350Z bringing up the rear caravaned our way to the fairgrounds. I was towards the end of the train, saw nothing but Zs in front of me, and more in my mirrors behind me. That's a sight that's hard to beat.

As always, I get to visiting with friends and looking at cars, and I forget to take pictures. You'd think that I'd be reminded by the fact I have the camera hanging around my neck. But no, that doesn't seem to help. I did upload a few to the Gallery, but they aren't approved yet, probably since the 'approver' was also at Canby and so hasn't had time to get to work. But here's one just to whet your appetite.

post-8596-14150803620531_thumb.jpg

Hey all I just wanted everyone to know we made it back to Montana the uneventfull way.

Also wanted to say that we had a great time and look forward to next year. Thanks for putting on a great get together... and hope next year is as good.