IGNORED

I need everyones input on this one (Combo and T/S switches)

Zs-ondabrain

Dave - Between the ones I sent you and the refurbished one you sent back, I can't be for sure on the build date(s) of any specific car(s) they came out of. However, they were all from 280Z's. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Taking a picture of what I (re)installed in the car is pointless, as I'm not sure the date of the original donor.

But from the picture, it doesn't look like I was the only one who donated to your "illness"......

Wayne

Wayne,

What is the build date of the Z that the refurbished switches work on. It almost doesn't matter what the donors came from but what the switches work on. So the build date and the needed pictures are NOT pointless, at this point. Everything will help get a clue on this thread.

So Pics and build date Please.

Dave: here a few photos of the switches I have.

Dan

What is the build date of your switches pictured above me? I know you have or have owned a 71' and 72' and a 73'. But which ones which.

Thanks again to all who participate, The end result should be something that everyone will benefit from, at one time or another.

Dave.

What is the build date of your switches pictured above me? I know you have or have owned a 71' and 72' and a 73'. But which ones which.

Dave: I named the photos with their build date. First two are 6-71, next two are 7-71 and last two are 5-73. I have one for a 4-72 but it is still on the column under a tarp and in the car full to the top with parts. Let me know if you need that one I can possibly crawl into the car and pull it out.

Dan

That's awesome Dan, I see it now, I just had to hold my curser over the picture for a second to see the date title. Thanks again, And I like I said, IF you're able to get that picture without too much hassle, then by all means, do. If not, don't sweat it, someone has to have a 4/72' they're willing to share with us.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Dave: I had to get something out of the car, so I grabbed to switch. Here are a few photos of the 71,72 & 73 next to each other. The 71 & 72 look very much the same as far as the wiring and switches, you can see the different switch on the 73 as well as the connector. I did notice that the white icons and lettering on the controls is different for each year. Hope this helps.

Dan

post-15138-14150803525447_thumb.jpg

post-15138-1415080352574_thumb.jpg

post-15138-14150803526049_thumb.jpg

post-15138-14150803526269_thumb.jpg

I still need top and bottom views of an 8/71 set. Does the T/S switch have the long or short connector? The early models have the short wires and the laters have the long lead.

But I don't know what the cut-off date is yet. So I'm calling all mid 71' owners for pics of there 8 or 7 of 71' swithes. Or even a detailed list of what goes where.

Thanks again guys, this will help all who need this info in the future, especially when you buy switches from Ebay or Craigslist and you want to double check what it is.

Any help is appreciated,

Dave.

But I don't know what the cut-off date is yet. So I'm calling all mid 71' owners for pics of there 8 or 7 of 71' swithes.
That'd be me. I'm going to be in the garage tonight cleaning a bit more prior to Canby, will try to remember to pull the cover and take a couple pics. If I forget, you can prod me in person on Sunday.

I still need top and bottom views of an 8/71 set. Does the T/S switch have the long or short connector? The early models have the short wires and the laters have the long lead.

But I don't know what the cut-off date is yet. So I'm calling all mid 71' owners for pics of there 8 or 7 of 71' swithes. Or even a detailed list of what goes where.

Thanks again guys, this will help all who need this info in the future, especially when you buy switches from Ebay or Craigslist and you want to double check what it is.

Any help is appreciated,

Dave.

Dave: The switch that I posted that came out of a 6-71 has the long TS lead.

Dan

I got this switch from ebay, it is supposed to be a 72, but I am not sure, anyhow here are the pictures of it.

Did you ever test it on the car? I ask cause it has a short lead on the T/S switch and so far, everyone else's late 71's have long tails on the TS. So it's throwing me off a little. I'm trying to make this thread as accurate as possible so any help is great.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, What did you pay for the pair, on Ebay?

Dave.