IGNORED

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2008 Press Day

HS30-H

I think the 4x4 (and ABS!) Jensen Interceptor was only a very limited edition called Ferguson Formula, but I think the great, great majority of Interceptors are rwd.

You are correct, it was the ferguson formula (ferguson being the tractor company). This would make the Jensen the worlds first 4wd sports car not the audi quattro, although the Audi was affordable whereas the Jensen Ferguson formula wasn't. From what I've been told the Jensen is faster than the Quattro as well.

Does anyone else know of any other obscure 4wd sports cars that were before the Jensen?

Mustang 4wd??? how much are they worth now I wonder...

Does the 390 denote hp or engine size or something else entirely

390 means 390 cubic inches, and I think it was 320hp or something.

Here's an article on the Mustang...seems that there were only 4 made plus some Torinos given the 4x4 treatment

http://www.ponysite.de/fmcog/isis/ferguson/fergusen.htm

Mmmmm, that'd be nice. Except the transporter would be worth about 500 times more than what I had to put on it........ :laugh:

I need Nissan to step up to the plate and loan me a new tow vehicle. Or maybe they might have one of these left hanging around in a dusty corner:

post-2116-1415080350919_thumb.jpg

Sorry Alan a man with your Nissan/Prince credentials needs to roll in something with a decent number of cubic inches:

royal_fm_l.jpg

6.3L should tow your car quite adequately...you may of course have to marry someone in the japanese royal family to obtain access to that... :D

That Merc truck is really weird. . . i like it, not as much as the 6.3lt though.

Alan, you need a RS6 avant to tow your car around. Then you could drive as quick to the race track as you could around it

Talking of tow vehicles I spotted this C110 being towed in Brisbane, also a shot of mine on its way to get it's exhaust fitted

post-9623-14150803517063_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150803517755_thumb.jpg