IGNORED

is $499 a good price for tokico illumnia struts & springs?

I have the same set up. I like the illuminas, but don't care much for their springs. $499 is a fair price shipped. I paid $560 shipped about 6 yrs ago.

Do some more research on the springs. I am leaning toward the az zcar springs.

I like the Eibach Pro Kit springs. I had them installed, along with some new Tokico HP struts on my 918 Orange '71 right before I sold it about a year ago. The car rode and handled great.

Steve,

That's the combo I'm planning to install. (Already have all the parts). Did you find the camber with this combo was not so far off as to affect tire wear?

I agree with the Tokico spring assessment. They are progressive springs, and the top 4 turns are fully compressed under normal load. HybridZ.org has a sticky devoted to this. I'm changing mine out to something better when time is available. But, even the Tokico springs were better than my 30+ year sagging originals....

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=121496&highlight=tokico+spring+bind

Steve,

That's the combo I'm planning to install. (Already have all the parts). Did you find the camber with this combo was not so far off as to affect tire wear?

Julio,

I had no problem with the camber or any irregular tire wear. The Eibach Pro Stock springs will lower the car about 1-inch from the stock springs (in my case it raised it about an inch because it had some really low after-market springs on it that I replaced). I think that you will really like the Eibachs.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone verify the claim by this person that these Tokiko springs are usable for a 240 if the original gland nuts are used?

Tokico HP Shocks P/N HZ3012 & P/N HZ3013. Tokico Springs P/N 5022 F & R

Spring rate is 185 Front & 200 Rear. These are linear rate springs (non-progressive).

These springs/shocks have less than 1000 miles on them. The mission of the car changed, and I decided to upgrade to coilovers. These come complete with washers, gland nuts, and spacer tubing. Listed as 74-78 260Z and 280Z, but I believe these will fit on earlier cars if you reuse your old gland nuts (please verify before purchasing). Sold as complete set only.

The part numbers listed are for the 280Z, not the 240Z. Please be aware that the gland nut that Tokico supplies for the 3021 and 3013 is bigger to properly fit the 280Z strut tubes. Sometimes you can reuse your old gland nuts and sometimes you can't. It all depends on the gland nut style, center hole dimensions, and how they survive removal. The rates for the springs are correct except the fronts are progressive and the "working" rate for the front spring is 180 lb. in.

• 2 weeks later...