Sign in to follow this  
tony5050

new Z owner from Malaysia..Hi All!!

this is the G nose replica kit from Japan..bought it for around USD350.

Not sure how well its gonna fit, its all up to the installation work later on.

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

Way to rescue another Z from the grave yard! I love seeing people do that. Good luck on your resto.

guys,

having difficulties in getting the G nose fitted withouth the Hinge...therefore waiting for it to be sent out from US...meantime, here are some other Malaysian Z photos i wish to share!!>..cheers!

DSC03116.jpg

DSC03115.jpg

DSC02584.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

If you see a ferrari red 1971 240Z with the plate JAG 636, that used to be my car! Regretted selling it ever since! There's a workshop in Sungai Besi near KL that did the paint for me using the same paint as the Ferrari F1 cars!

Dude get a set from Bad Dog, the price is good and the product is excellent. I am sure they can get them to you via DHL or Fedex. I used a set on my Gnose project.

guys,

having difficulties in getting the G nose fitted withouth the Hinge...therefore waiting for it to be sent out from US...meantime, here are some other Malaysian Z photos i wish to share!!>..cheers!

hi idpearl,

i think i've seen tht car just not too long ago..:D

guys,

the resto process is getting abit too slow but neverthelss...this is the car with the G-nose and custom made hinge. Still have no feedback from BadDog parts though..the hinge works well..

DSC03238.jpg

DSC03239.jpg

DSC03244.jpg

DSC03243.jpg

DSC03237.jpg

Hi Tony:

Grettings from Puerto Rico. Great job and outstanding goal you have aimed. The rescue of this survivor will mean a lot to you and we all know as Z owners that it will become part of your life. Keep on the project and post more pictures. Hope that your leg is healing and that the project could speed up during the summer.

That's a nice looking conversion!

Have you changed the radiator? You might consider an improved rad to keep the coolant temps down.

hi guys,

Thanks again for those encouragin words.

Bart,

yeah, Pattani is not far at all from my place, or from the place the car is now. Do let me know if u're near though:p

by the way, only 2 fella working on the car...slowly...

VYN,

many thanks. Shall post more pics once available!!

idpearl,

yupe, custom made a full aluminium radiator for the car already..:)

idpearl

How are you? I still have the gearbox from JAG 636. ;-)

I see you are back in this part of the world. Mount Kiara has changed since you were here last. There is another red 240z flying around since you left. Its not JAG636. Driven by an expat who like yourself found a 240z to enjoy the Kuala Lumpur traffic.

Hi Trex! How the heck are you? Funny you should still have my old gearbox! Is it still working? I actually changed it 3 times! The second box had a lousy ratio, the 3rd one was spot on though!

That other expat actually lives in Mont Kiara! I went back there a few months ago and he was stranded in the middle of the road! I stopped to help and found that his fuel pump was dead. Tapped it with a spanner and it burst into life, but advised him to get a new one. Looked like a nice project car though. I think it was a 72 if I remember rightly.

I always wish I had given him my number in case he ever wanted to sell it!

Cheers,

Ian

guys,

having difficulties in getting the G nose fitted withouth the Hinge...therefore waiting for it to be sent out from US...

Did you try Tan Chong Motors at Kepong? I was amazed what they had in stock for my 240! Even ordering from Japan was easy through them and they could get anything! I drew the line at a new dash though - RM6K!

Hi

Ahhh ... a z owner in East Malaysia. Tell us more about your Z plzzzz.

Hi

Ahhh ... a z owner in East Malaysia. Tell us more about your Z plzzzz.

Thanks for your interest, I'm affraid that would be a "hijack" to Tony's thread~ :tapemouth:tapemouth

Perhaps I should start a thread when I'm ready~ :devious:

Great project you got there :) Well done ... btw from which site did you get most of your parts from? I've been buying parts from the US and i've got to admit that the cost of the shipping is very expensive. By the way, im from Brunei Darussalam & i own a 1977 260Z 2+2 as well and a 280ZX. Nice to know that there's a Z family nearby :)

post-5268-1415080402329_thumb.jpg

post-5268-14150804023631_thumb.jpg

I have really enjoyed viewing your progress. Please keep us up to date! Your car is beautiful, congratulations.

Sabah it was,went to the Orangutang sanctuary,car will look cool when its done,r u gonner be running carbs or fuel injection (throttle bodies)like mine