IGNORED

new Z owner from Malaysia..Hi All!!

tony5050

hi all,

glad to find this forum and saying hi to all. Hope to learn loads more about the classic Z here.

Abit about myself here. Located in Kuala Lumpur and currently own a 1977 GS30 260Z 2+2 and restoring a 1971 HS30 240Z.

Hope to get to know more classic Z owner around the South East Asia region too!!..

DSC_0882.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

well,

would like to share more photos here of my GS30 and of course the restoring process of the HS30.

Firstly, the GS30...

rear view

DSC_0883.jpg

sweeeeett engine bay..running the stock L26

DSC00101.jpg

photo with her much younger sibling...ROFL

DSC_0969.jpg

well,

here comes the rather sad start of the story when i pick her up after months of searching in Malaysia.

Came by a few units here in Malaysia but almost all of them refuse to change hand. Saw a 1972 HS30 in KL which is in its most orginal and nicest condition, met the owner and he owned the car since bought new in 1972itself!!...respect!.

Finally, after around 8 months seraching for one, this is the best i can find and it was willing to sell!!...not even thinking too much, i took it up and planned a long and painful restoring process for her:hurt:

when we first met!

DSC00677.jpg

and she was habitat for more then 100 of snails, perhaps a few kingdom of ants too!!

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00694.jpg

and there you go..tht's the new boyfren!!

DSC00689.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

after uncovering her from the bushes..she aint tht bad looking at all!!..got meself a tow truck and truck her all the way back to my mechanics which is nearer to my hometown, way up north Malaysia, 10km away from Thailand border that is.

DSC00765.jpg

DSC00771.jpg

and when she finally arrived at the workshop, look at how much attention she attracted!..hahhaa..and tht's for how ugly she looks!:sleepy:

DSC00778.jpg

i was lucky to have bought the car with some spare given by the privious owner. The previous guy bought the car some 4 years back. After stripping her off in ready for a race car conversion, he found out the rust on the floor and the project was abandoned. Lucky enough he kept most of the parts taken off from it.

DSC00780.jpg

DSC00783.jpg

after sending her to the workshop, i got to get my axx back to KL after tht weekend itself though. Just after 2 weeks, i went all the way back and visit her again. And these are the photos...

the scrap floor and other parts of the oxidised metal body

DSC_0657.jpg

the floor board and any pther parts of the new body were all fabricated from new metal sheet. Pictures from Internet had helped alot in this.

DSC_0643.jpg

DSC_0647.jpg

DSC_0648.jpg

DSC_0665.jpg

DSC_0643-1.jpg

DSC_0653.jpg

these are the wheels tht's i'm gonna put it on her soon. Wheels arrived 3 weeks ago but i havent got a chance to take newer photos for now..shall update u guys once i've got any though...broken my leg and got to be on cruches for the next 2 months or so..bet the process is gonna slow donw abit..damnit!!:mad:

the front: Watanabe 15"x9.5jj offset -25

dakannai-img600x450-1199683686p1010.jpg

dakannai-img600x450-1199683692p1010.jpg

the rear: Watanabe 15" x 11jj offset -44

fakemaster1971-img600x450-120200780.jpg

fakemaster1971-img600x450-120200781.jpg

stay tune for more updates guys!!!..cheers!:cheeky: