What..cough,cough, Do You Think.... - Page 3 - Exhaust - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What..cough,cough, Do You Think....

Featured Replies

  • Author

Sblake,

You are the man, thanks for looking that up.

mally002

Your 240z is one of the nicest I have seen, great color combination. Congratulations. I am glad to hear that you have solved the fume problem. Like all Z owners, I had a problem also and I placed a bucket of dry ice in the car with a fan. I was surprised that the "smoke" came out of the drain holes in the frame rails and not the back panel or firewall. I thought I would add this to the thread in case someone tried all of the usual cures and still had fumes.

Bob M

  • Author

Thanks Bob,

I would have never thought of the dry ice idea......

I also still have the problem with windows down, always less when both are down with two venturis fumes go two ways I suppose but still there. I've been pretty thorough with all the usual spots. My next check will be to take off inside panels and have someone shine a bright light from the outside to see if I get anything come through.

Sulio

That's good you go it fixed!

Stephen, what size exhaust tip do you have on yours? I've always thought it looked like a 3" tip.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

It's actually 4" O.D. but it is 'resonated' so the I.D. is smaller at 2 1/4". Kind of mellows out the exhaust note.

  • 4 weeks later...

I think your exhaust looks fantastic! Great job! No harm in using all of whats available to you. If you dont like the look you can always paint it flat black.

I love the look of the Magnaflow on your car. I don't care for the the huge "ricer" tailpipes, but that Magnaflow looks just right. I just might have to go that route myself when I get the rig back on the road.

  • 2 weeks later...

So it would seem that the Magnaflow muffler fixed the issue. I am willing to give that a try - should I do it, I will let you all know, the fumes in my car make it a little less enjoyable :|

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.