IGNORED

Schwing!!!

helopilot

Sounds familiar...a beautiful and valuable car with a seller dictating terms of a sale, and limiting buyers to those he approves of, worse yet, hosting a short sale requiring one single form of payment and not accepting one form of payment that is legal for all debts, public and private-yet wanting a 2K deposit via paypal. Turning the car seems to be important until you consider his limitations on the sale.

Evidently He doesn't realize Nissan did not actually restore a single car in the program, they modified all of them, No Z came from Japan, or was unloaded off a transport in the 60s or 70s with any Vintage Z program stickers, console plaque, or updates...Unfortunately, these cars don't belong on the Stock Class in a ZCCA show because they are not..."configured exactly as shipped from factory."

I think he is soaking a lure...

Will

These cars are gaining in value and have a niche in the market for some but they don't hold enough appeal for me to consider at much more than half this price. I look at them as the result of a PR sales gimmick, that are not even faithful restorations.

Well, we all know it was well taken care of and in a climate controled garage for all its life but by now after a year sitting in the drive way(according to the dated pics) it is not perfect nor is it original. I do like it but for that much I would buy something different.

I remember seeing several of the Z store cars when they were newly finished and in the showroom. They sold for half of this price. They are nice and anything of a limited number can but doesn't always command a higher price. I do not think this one will sell at this price unless some European takes advantage of the .632:1 exchange rate. I just sold a 914-6 conversion to a guy in Norway and he didn't make an attempt to bargain. He just said, "I'll take it". This may be an attempt to sell to that market.

" I will only sell the car to a person who understands and will care for the car not destroy it."

I wonder if your winning bid just assures that you will be interviewed, and considered for ownership? Screwball

Well, now that the price for entry to get an interview to become a potential owner has dropped, I can focus better on some other things of major concern.... like conedodger's avitar...... After looking at that, why would I care if it's Ypou or her evil twin? Admittedly, I know neither one of them... I'll take the bait and ask how do I get to meet either one of them?

Well, now that the price for entry to get an interview to become a potential owner has dropped, I can focus better on some other things of major concern.... like conedodger's avitar...... After looking at that, why would I care if it's Ypou or her evil twin? Admittedly, I know neither one of them... I'll take the bait and ask how do I get to meet either one of them?

DeesZ,

Sorry you don't get to meet her... She is my wife. The joke is that on occasion she turns from Yopu (her nickname) to Pu her angry, irrational, unreasonable evil twin. You don't want to be around her when that happens. It will ruin your day. Obviously, she is well worth the trouble for me though...

She has a couple sisters though... :knockedou

Interesting that at $40K his European "price of entry to the interview" has dropped to $25,280 at current exchange rate Dollar:Euro = $1:.632.

Now if he was the original Z store buyer he is just trying to bail with what he paid for it.

They are very nice cars. not original certainly but very nicely done by a couple of very good restoration shops. Pierre's and Classic Datsun Motorsports. The original plan was to do 100 I think to build excitement for and introduce the 350Z.

My guess is he is fishing in a European pond.