IGNORED

Ford 460

Beefcakez

So i have a Ford 460 rebuild bored 30 over and I was thinking about dropping it into the 72 240 mostly because I have so much trouble with the original motor.. its fixable but I just feel done with it.. The motor is out of my fathers truck and he doesn't want it anymore... I was thinkin about making a drag car out of it.. the motor as it sits puts out close to 500 HP. I figure with some slight mods it will be BAD!!!!.. but help me out... So what kind of project may I be getting myself into? any heads ups or anything of the sort? Thanks guys

Jake

The 460 is a good motor, but it is a big block and I doubt that it would fit. For a V8 I hear the best bet is something based on the 302. Personally I think the 347 looks like a cool motor. If I had kept my 87 Mercury wagon that is the way I was going to take it.

But hybridz is clearly the place to go for that discussion. Personally, I think that by the time you spend the money to get a V8 in your car you could have rebuilt the engine that you have. Just my opinion.

evedently u have never been in a car that has nailed u 2 the seat 4 eight

seconds in a quarter mile an u cant raise up an touch the dash???

dont get me wronge the Z cars have their on sports appeal but dont

ever think ur going 2 jump a cuda an out run it; the Z's have their on veniue

but bruit torke an horse power isnt their stronge points; thats y all the

V8 transplants.

The 460 is a killer motor. My only thought would be weight. In my opinion, the 460 would make the car very nose heavy and shoot the handling dynamics all to hates and back. You could build a chevy small block or a 302 and get close to the same HP output. Also, the 460 is a serious gas hog. My best friend had a 460 in his Ford truck, and he only got between 8-10 MPG. Just my opinion though.