IGNORED

Sway Bars

David,

That's a pretty general question, and not knowing any other info on your Z makes a specific answer next to impossible. But generally speaking, many typically have a 25mm (f) and a 19mm ®....(1" & 3/4"). Hope this helps a bit!

Tom

You really only have two choices of aftermarket sway bars, MSA and Suspension Technique. You do not have a choice of bar diameters with either vendor.

The ST bars are 25mm and 19mm as Tom indicated. I believe the MSA bars are slightly thicker.

I guess the better question is what are you trying to do to make your car handle better. Most guys say I need bigger swaybars, but actually there are other items you can modify that will make your car handle better depending on the handling issues you are dealing with.

Big swaybars on your early Z car will rip the framerails apart...

I guess the better question is what are you trying to do to make your car handle better. Most guys say I need bigger swaybars, but actually there are other items you can modify that will make your car handle better depending on the handling issues you are dealing with.

Big swaybars on your early Z car will rip the framerails apart...

What do you consider large?

Fixitman

Anything larger than 3/4" on the front, is large.

Let's rephrase the question, why do you think you need big swaybars on your car?

I am rethinking the size of the bars on my early '74 260Z. It currently has 1 1/8" dia. front and 7/8" dia. rear bars. These were the sizes offered by Quickor in the early '80's for this model and year. I believe Suspension Techniques offers the same size bars today. Are these too large for a street car?

Thanks,

Fixitman

Before I installed my ST bars, I reinforced the frame rails where the bars connect using 1/8" steel plate shaped in a U-section. The stiffeners slipped over the frame rail and where welded into plate. I then drilled through the frame rail and had them install 1/8" steel tubing between the top and bottom plates. I then ran longer bolts when mounting my front bar and attachd it from the top.