IGNORED

coming soon to a K near you!

khughes

well Guys,

After meeting up with Brian in the US and having a chance to drive his 240k, I spent the last couple of months kicking myself for not originally going all out

well.. after a quick firesale off some of the RB25DET bits and pieces that i have collected over the years, it has earned me enough money to buy my next engine..

:)

after 5 previous engines, the original L24, RB20DET, RB30E (for use in the bottom end of an RB30DET), RB25DE (for the RB30DET head), and then the RB25DET.. i am pretty sure that this will be the last (unless i find a spanking deal on a VR38DETT :love:.. but i am not holding my breath)

i should have it in my hot little hands in a couple of weeks time.. then the fun begins!

post-6769-1415080293321_thumb.jpg

Yep, the front shafts will be pulled out, along with the front Diff, and the holes welded up (unless... 4wd 240k?). From what i have read the RB25 sumps do fit up, but a couple of bolts are missed.. so i will probably modify the RB26 one instead (plus it is bigger)

The plan was to put a bigger turbo (GT30R) onto the RB25DET (i had already spent more on the RB25 than the RB26 cost me in aftermarket parts), but after all the messing around.. it still wouldn't be a GT-R engine.. which i think, for my replica is really the next best thing to an S20 :)

now i can say my car has real GT-R soul :)

When I first got my S130, I thought about doing the swap to the RB26. Obviously I haven't done that, I just love the l28. However, if I were to get another...

When I was contemplating the switch, I poked about hybridz and found a great write up on the whole procedure. Granted it was for an S30 and therefore wasn't of much use to either of us (other than showing that there would be work to do, not a plug and play procedure-which I already knew it wouldn't be).

Lot's of reading to do, but you should be able to save yourself some headaches. Keep in mind this is not for a K, so not all of it will apply, but I imagine some might.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=77962

Of course, if none of it is of any use, my apologies for posting it. And if you change your mind about using the powerplant, I'd be happy to provide you my mailing address...

Good luck on the swap, and be sure to post photos of the progress (so that we can all drool...)

hehe, no chance of the car being finished for 1012 then :D

I'm sure SWR could put it together for you in under 1 month (not including 8 month waiting list to get into SWR) they have experience with the irs mod now as well. As for doing it before 1012 they might have a time machine out back, not sure though:p

Seriously though a 4wd GTR 240k would be awesome, you should do it.