IGNORED

New hood

Blue Meanie

In another thread I asked about hoods and it was recommended that I contact the local Nissan dealer. I did that and was quoted $450.00. Is this good, bad or indifferent? That would probably be about the same with shipping from MSA.

Thanks all

Hello All,

I picked up my hood from the dealer on Feb. 14th. the List price is 507.49, I paid 359.29 which is the wholesale price. I am not sure about the fit of the aftermarket parts but the dealer part fit perfectly. You might want to try talking to another dealer or haggling a little on price. Don't forget you don't have to pay for shipping with the dealer and if the panel comes in dented you can refuse it and have them get another one. The aftermarket ads often have a disclaimer stating the panels might be dented in shipping and to expect to have to repair them when they get to you. All I had to do with the dealer parts was scuff them up and spray primer.

• 6 months later...

Early hood 65100-N4200 MSRP $480.32 Quick WEb search $372.25

Late Hood Msrp 65100-N4800 $515.83 quick WEB search $406.21

1) see if you have a Z club close by-frequently they have worked out a discount.

if not...

2)I would talk to the parts department manager and politely approach him/her or it(depending on the outcome) for a discount citing the fact that selling something at 80% is always better than selling nothing at 100%. The fact that you have part numbers and can prepay means the dealership will have nothing tied up in inventory, and actually less payroll than looking up a part for a new car. Selling to you at a discount will make the department volume will go up-something Nissan values and rewards. Take several websites that sell OEM parts at a discount with you, and show him he is not the only game in town, but he would be the preferred supplier-but given the parts are genuine nissan, price does come into play.

Will

Edited by hls30.com

I got a 280Z hood from Nissanparts.cc. Ordered it in April, got it in July. The first one they got from Japan was damaged, and they had to get a new one. They told me that they weren't sure that they could even get another, as apparently they are getting hard to get. About $500 with shipping from their CA location to me in IL. Had to be truck shipped.

Don't know the status with 240Z hoods...

Mark