is this car 110 or 918 code?? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

is this car 110 or 918 code??

Featured Replies

hi guys. i'm getting confused with 110 red and 918 orange. i know there both orangy red. could anyone tell me which one, if any, this zed is please.

post-14113-14150802493446_thumb.jpg

post-14113-14150802494039_thumb.jpg

Hard to say for certain, but I don't think that car is either. That color is not red enough for 110, but not orange enough for 918.

Part of the problem is that it's very hard to find an unfaded example of 110. My car is the earlier 905, but it has faded towards orange enough to be virtually indistinguishable from 110. True 110 should be more red than orange, but once it has faded, it can approach 918 in color.

True 918 is very orange, slightly more towards the yellow end of the orange spectrum, not so much reddish.

Bear in mind that this is all simply my opinion, and how I've perceived these colors. But I think my descriptions are accurate.

Not sure but I like it!

I never thought 110 looked red, figured it was a twist of translation.

My new female freind ;) says it is warm red - she is a graphic designer.

I am wondering about the wheels. They look like Work Rezax.

I agree with Arne, it is probably not a stock color. Here is a link to examples of cars with stock colors.

http://zhome.com/History/ZColorGallary/index.html

918 is a true orange and not a reddish orange. However, as Arne noted, the colors can fade over time and look different in different light. Here is a picture of my 1972, which is 110 red.

-Mike

post-9102-14150802494326_thumb.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
Here is a picture of my 1972, which is 110 red.

-Mike

Is that a recent picture, Mike? Those aren't the wheels I saw on it last time I saw it.

Here is a picture of a 918.

post-1188-14150802494883_thumb.jpg

post-1188-14150802495088_thumb.jpg

Here's two side by side with 110 and 918, looks like it's closer to 110.

post-13312-14150802495293_thumb.jpg

post-13312-14150802495596_thumb.jpg

Is that a recent picture, Mike? Those aren't the wheels I saw on it last time I saw it.

No, it's an older pic than when you saw my car at Canby last year. I just couldn't find a better more recent one of just my car. I still have the Shelby "Libres" on it that you saw, but have removed the non-stock headlight covers that it came with.

-Mike

  • Author

hi guys. tod keneto the owner of the stunning 240 in my first post contacted me yesterday. the color is actually non stock home made which he mixed with his painter friend after a few beers. i'm glad he didin't have too many that night!! :laugh::laugh:

It is a very clear difference when sighted side by side. I am also a 110 fan.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.