IGNORED

New 240Z Owner

westpak

LOL thanks Carl but it is not that good, cleaned it up and just some surface rust, still trying to find a place to clean it out, a few radiator places I called said they would clean it with water and soap :ermm:

And Bonzi here is a close up of the stamp

tn_fueltankclean.JPG tn_fueltankstamp.JPG

Thank you for the photo. Just wanted to see the difference of the stamp to the years in between manufacture. The steel evaporator tank has a like mark, but is unknown if it is on the early plastic ones. This is what mine looks like, first is gas tank, second is evaporator tank.

Bonzi Lon

post-11300-14150802488134_thumb.jpg

post-11300-14150802488336_thumb.jpg

LOL thanks Carl but it is not that good, cleaned it up and just some surface rust, still trying to find a place to clean it out, a few radiator places I called said they would clean it with water and soap :ermm:

Wes - the tank is beautiful - you should see some of the one's I've pulled. Check your Yellow Pages for "Gas Tank Repairs"... I'm sure there is one in your area that can hot tank aka boil out - a gas tank.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Wes - the tank is beautiful - you should see some of the one's I've pulled. Check your Yellow Pages for "Gas Tank Repairs"... I'm sure there is one in your area that can hot tank aka boil out - a gas tank.

FWIW,

Carl B.

I can imagine, the tank goes along with the rest of the car, in unbelievable shape for the age, the bottom does look like I could just buff it out, no corrosion on it.

I finally found a place after calling all morning, they will boil it out, coat it and clean up the outside as well.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Found a place to boil it out and seal it, they will also do my radiator, I figured if I am going to do the "car running" part might as well do it as well as possible to have a worry free ride.

Found a place to boil it out and seal it, they will also do my radiator, I figured if I am going to do the "car running" part might as well do it as well as possible to have a worry free ride.

Hi Wes:

Great - just make certain that they understand that you do NOT want anything sprayed, coated, covered - on the ouside of the tank. Tell them that you will be doing a restoration to OEM of the exterior - and you want to start with just a very clean exterior.

Also - there are four rubber pads on the top of the tank - they are just glued on there - take them off before you take the tank in for cleaning... After it's all repainted and shinny again - you can glue them back on.

Ah.. progress....

kind regards,

Carl B.

Gus,

Congratulations on the new toy for your collection! I knew it would be just a matter of time before you linked up with a 240Z.

HLS30-22555 born just 2 months after my 240Z. Only 32,000 miles in 37 years is just 865 miles per year. Great that you bought the car from original owner and it appears unmolested. It would be best if you avoid mods that impact its originality and keep it as a virgin, unlike your 350Z.

I do have a looseleaf book with copies of tips from experts on various web sites that might be useful bringing car back to life or fixing issues. Take a close look at the oil distribution manifold that is bolted on the passenger side of the head and make sure that the cantilevered legs and solder joints are still in good condition.

Now the bad news is that you may have to sell your house and move into one with a five-car garage and room and equipment to work on parts.