Door handles have gaskets? - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Door handles have gaskets?

Featured Replies

Do the exterior door handle pulls on 1971 240Z cars supposed to have a gasket between the handle and the door?

it more or less has the idea of keeping the water intake to a minimum, thru the door handle. And it also minimizes vibration when the door handle is released to soon. (flipped)

The usually rott and fall off like E said

Yes they do. Unfortunately, I don't think you can buy the gaskets separately and even if you could you'd either have to cut them or drill out a brad to put them on. It looks like the gasket was put on then the handle attached to the unit.

I ended up just buying new handles. Added bonus, they look really good. I didn't realize how much the old handles detracted from the exterior.

Good luck!

Bob

  • Author
Yes they do. Unfortunately, I don't think you can buy the gaskets separately and even if you could you'd either have to cut them or drill out a brad to put them on. It looks like the gasket was put on then the handle attached to the unit.

I ended up just buying new handles. Added bonus, they look really good. I didn't realize how much the old handles detracted from the exterior.

Good luck!

Bob

I got new handles, but they didn't come with gaskets. Darn!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

They may have NOT been new.

The "gasket" we're referring to is more of a weatherstrip rubber surround around the hinge points of the handle. Not a flat compressible piece of rubber or material that would go between the handle base and the door sheet metal. The rubber "boots" just surround the hinge tabs.

Hope that helps clarify it.

E

Brian:

PERFECT complement to the thread.

Hands down!

You could say he had his finger on the pulse of the thread.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.