IGNORED

Comments on colour choice please

240kconvertible

I've just started spraying on the colour to my panels and wanted to know what everyone thought of the colour I picked. It's not the exact colour I wanted as I was unable to locate the 1969 Mopar colour Tor Red in Aus so ended up with Renault Rouge instead. I think it's a bit too bright for me but I don't mind it. Don't feel afraid to sledge my choice if you don't like it.

It looks good in the shade but in direct sunlight it's just too bright. After spending 2 hours looking through colour charts I ended up just going with this one as the car will get sprayed in a panel shop within 2 years so it doesn't really matter too much.

The spray job looks good from afar but is sooo very far from being good. I sprayed outside so it has a lot of crap in it and the spray gun was spitting out water. I had a water catcher on the compressor and one on the gun but they couldn't do $^!# against the Queensland humidity.

I've left the door lock holes on the door as I will have a button there to open the door, it replaces the door handles. I won't have door locks on the car as you can just unclip the roof to get in anyway so they are useless.

post-9623-14150802241852_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150802242646_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150802243391_thumb.jpg

Your eyes would hurt even more if you saw these panels in direct sunlight :rolleyes: I don't mind it but I don't like it that much, the car needs to go through an oven to give it that burnt look. It's just too bright.

People keep on asking me if I've cut my hands as the colour looks just like blood on your skin, I've been thinking about dribbling some on to a note to get that full scare effect next shop I pay at.

Hey, I think if you are happy with it thats what you should do. I plan on doing a 2-tone on my '79 280zx. I plan on a grey on top and black on the bottom. Don't know what color yet on a pin stripe for the separator on the side of the car. Some may not like my choice either but I like it and that's what matters :) Have fun with your Z bro!

That looks Schweet. It's not like your K was ever going to blend into the crowd anyway. May as well go the whole hog!! You painting that yourself? Looks good.

Don't like the colour of your front guard tho. I reckon you should paint it the same as the rest of the car:stupid:

Yeah I'm spraying it all in my dusty garage and back patio, I wet the floor just before I spray but I still seem to get a few bits of gunk on every panel. I aimed to save $$ before it goes to the paintshop for a proper coat. Also now it has gloss I can see the spots that aren't straight that I've missed LOL I've done alright for a first timer on the spray gun but it really needs 2 more good coats by a spray painter in a panel shop to look nice close up.