IGNORED

Honda Wiper Motor Upgrade for the 240Z

The swap for the 73 240Z, 260Z & 280Z is something I'm going to be looking at in the future. I am interested in getting better integration with the intermittent function. At least I can test my theories out on the 240Z & 260Z.

• 1 year later...

Hey all. This has been an exelent source of information for me so I thought I would share. I had a wiper motor failure and replaced it with a Cardone assembly. In the process of exchange I stumbled on a way of wiring this into my 72 without a relay and still maintains the park feature.

5 prong Acura harness orientation: Looking at the plug

-5--4-

-3- -2--1-

2007 ACURA Integra DATSUN

1: Low speed - Blue/ White

2: High speed - Blue

3: Ground - Black.

4: 12v constant - Blue/ Red

5: Intermittent - Jumper to #1 for Park signal

Blue/Yellow is omitted from Datsun harness and not used.

Blue wire on wiper motor needs to be cut and isolated on the switch side.

Just needed to notch the shaft a little and it works flawless. Cost $72.00 Canadian taxed and delivered from E-Bay and there is very little wiring to do and no relay.

Manufacturer Part Number: 76505-SR3-A01, 76505SR3A01

Reference Cardone Part Number: 43-1423

Edited by Jim_Reaper
Forgot some information

• 1 year later...
  • Mike featured this topic
  • 3 months later...
On 3/11/2016 at 3:39 PM, Suleyman Tezgul said:

Where do I put the relay...

That's what I came looking for too, I searched but didn't really find what I was looking for.   Please, someone correct me if I am wrong.   I think you can pretty much mount it anywhere you want.

I'm thinking that I may mount mine to the wiper motor with a hose clamp similar to how the original Z relay is done, inside the bag and out of sight for a more stock look.   I got the 6-pin connector from Vintage Connections and plan to encase the new wire back to the Datsun side in heatshrink.   My grommet is roached so this a good opportunity to replace it too.   I am concerned a little about how hot the motor may get during use and melting the relay though, so I may engineer some kind of insulator/stand-off for it so it's not lying directly on the motor.

• 8 months later...

Great article. Thought I would try to fix my original. turns out it was the copper commentator the brushes ride on was corroded. Also the plug...after sitting 32 years in a barn. Found this quick fix on the filthy plug. CLR soak. 20 min. Here is a before and after.

12773.jpeg

12777.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

If you can't get to a bone yard or pick a part...I found an awesome fix for slow early z wipper motors. First I cleaned inside the motor. Commentator and brushes. New grease where needed. And then bi-passed the LR power lead to motor with direct 12v from battery with 30/40 relay and 30a fuse. Works amazing...even on dry window.

194.jpeg

Edited by REMNANT
Type error
  • Thanks 1

• 4 years later...
On 6/6/2013 at 6:53 PM, tamo3 said:

Rain season is over here in CA, but I'm about to have wiper motor upgrade for my '75 280z.

Following '75, '77, and '78 FSM and this thread, I drew diagram for wiring.

post-25433-14150824461121_thumb.jpg

Did this set up work. And what did you do with the unused blue/white and yellow wires from the oem harness?  ( sorry that I'm 9 years late to the conversation  :). )

41 minutes ago, Kentmo280z said:

Did this set up work. And what did you do with the unused blue/white and yellow wires from the oem harness?  ( sorry that I'm 9 years late to the conversation  :). )

This may help you: https://forums.hybridz.org/topic/124734-understanding-the-260z-and-280z-wiper-circuit-reverse-polarity-park/