IGNORED

Help with headlights

7277-

Thanks for the pics. I couldn't tell very well, but it looks like the wiring going to the hazard switch & defog just go go under the fan somehow? Mine were covered by the rug ( an ugly bulge and not good for connectors) so I thought I could run them under the heater somehow.

thxZ

• 1 month later...
Find the FSM at carfiche.com.

Though he didn't state the year of his car, according to his profile it's a 78. Carfiche doesn't have a 78 wiring diagram. There are some important differences between the 77 that they do have and the 78. I tried to attach the 78 wiring diagram here but apparently it's too large, about 3.5mb. According to the guidlines it should work but it doesn't.

markur, I could try emailing it to you. In fact I can send you the entire 78 FSM in four seperate emails ranging from about 13 to 18 mb each if your email will accept messages that large. Some will, some won't. Send me a pm if you're interested.

I'm still having trouble with my lights too. Its very irritating, It seems that the high beams work but the low beams don't. it doesnt seem like the power is getting to the combo switch to get it working on low beams. Am I missing something?

I'm still having trouble with my lights too. Its very irritating, It seems that the high beams work but the low beams don't. it doesnt seem like the power is getting to the combo switch to get it working on low beams. Am I missing something?

Have you ensured you have continutity going through your high/low beam switch for your low beams? If I am reading the 78 wiring diagram correctly, you should have continutity between pin 16 (red wire with a blue stripe) to pin E.

• 3 weeks later...

No I dont and I can't figure out why. I've got power going into the fuse box and from the switch that turns the parking lights and head lights on but none to the switch that switches the highs and lows. I also have the Hazard switch disconnected because that needs a rebuild. Will that hurt anything?