IGNORED

Do people notice you in your classic Z on the road?

deadflo

Both my Z's and MGB get attention (except from 350Z's!) around here. Just Sunday had the yellow Z out and was shopping with the wife and as we parked, some guy walked over and starting checking out the car. We ended up chatting for about 15 minutes until his daughter came over to get him, he had owned a 240Z before and had the usual nostalga thing. The week before, was at a drive thru with the lime Z and the young girl there said she loved the car, and asked about it. :classic:

I have to drive my z on my days off because i get pulled over by local pd because they want to talk about the car. i don't mind really, just gives me a chance to show off my baby. it never fails when i get gas, or go to a grocery store someone always notices the z LOL.

That's happened to you too????? That's awesome. I got pulled over a few days after I got the car with no plates and all he wanted to know was "what kind of car is that?"

It seems like everytime I take the car out, some one notices. Sometimes they're young kids, sometime they're older people who remember the car. Being that rust thrives up here in nw Indiana, there aren't many classic Z's left. So people get excited to see them. It seems the car is well recieved by everyone. The only semi-negative thing someone has ever said was "Little-miss-trying-to-be-a-Porche" And I told him I got rid of two of those cars for a reason.

Well, with a '66 E-type parked right next to my 240Z, it doesn't even get noticed in my own HOUSE let alone around the neigborhood.

Like ZBane, I live in an upscale community - a few Ferraris, some old 'Vettes, oodles of AMG Mercs, etc. If I pull the Jag out, the crowds literally flock. If I pull out the Z, I may get a look, that's it.

Doesn't matter much to me, I love the car no matter what!

Since I just bought mine, and haven't driven it yet, I don't know how people on the street will react. But I can tell you, I never, I mean never, see any S30 Z's around here. I drive alot for work, all around Boston, RI, CT and I bet I haven't seen an S30 on the road in 10 years. Not too many of them survive the New England winters. Fortunately, mine was a garaged, nice-weather only car, and survived just fine.

I did get comments from 2 different drivers when I trailered the car home. The ride was about an hour, in bumper-to-bumper Boston commuter traffic, and a older guy in a semi asked if it was for sale, and a young guy in a VW asked what it was, he'd never seen one before.

And every friend around my age (38) who comes into my garage, can't believe their eyes.

No doubt, these cars turn heads, even standing still.

I get comments while gassing up - "I love the lines of the older sports cars. All of the newer ones all look alike."

But while driving around here (Houston) no one seems to take note. Probably because they're busy watching the other three lanes of traffic, eating fast food and talking on the phone all at the same time!

And don't even get me started on (most of) the 350z drivers. I've tried waving to them and they look at me like I've just run over their Yorkshire Terrier.

Well, with a '66 E-type parked right next to my 240Z, it doesn't even get noticed in my own HOUSE let alone around the neigborhood.

Like ZBane, I live in an upscale community - a few Ferraris, some old 'Vettes, oodles of AMG Mercs, etc. If I pull the Jag out, the crowds literally flock. If I pull out the Z, I may get a look, that's it.

Oh the E-Type. I met a brown one once and fell in love!!! That's almost what happens when the Delorean comes out. She draws a crowd almost instantly. But still, I get almost as much attention in the Z. However, we live in a small town about an hour south of Chicago with a population that isn't exactly rich. So when people see something other than a Dodge Neon, it makes them happy.