help me verify crankshaft nut size...22mm? - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

help me verify crankshaft nut size...22mm?

Featured Replies

I'm doing some valve/timing stuff and need to go get a socket for the crankshaft nut...can anyone verify, is this nut 22 mm in size? or something else? I used to have a huge set of sockets this size, until they got stolen a while back...

And I assume the nut on the timing chain cam sprocket is relatively small, like 17-19mm, right?

I found nothing on forum search; thanks everyone for reading/replying to my post! I appreciate it--Take care,

The crankshaft nut is 27mm. Also a 1 1/16" socket fits nice and snug. Not sure on the cam nut.

Bonzi Lon

Yes, the crank bolt is 27mm. I think the cam bolt is 19mm.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Yes, 1 1/16 inch socket will fit just fine. By the way, the socket needs to be a thin wall, not an impact socket. That is it does if you are using the stock front pulley. An impact socket will not fit in the opening in the pulley.

(I drove myself to distraction trying to find a 27mm socket back when I disassembled my engine.)

  • Author

i was near Sears yesterday and picked up a 27mm socket...$9 !!!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.