IGNORED

Anyone here drive thier Z during the Winter ?

WingZr0

Good god man... that's a big penis...

... compensating much pal? :tapemouth

Anyway... I've never handled a Z in the snow... I can and frequently do brave the rain (it's tough with a defroster that refuses to work) ... and boy that rear end will break loose really easily on wet roads (a few of my passengers, and neighbors can attest to this... as well as some freaked out bystanders just trying to cross the street)... I can't imagine what it would be like on ice and snow!

My advice is don't do it, get a beater. :)

I live 35 miles north of Seattle, We get a crap load of rain and the occasional foot of snow.

Wow Ive never seen that much snow in the Seattle area. I know most Seattle drivers freak when they get about a half inch of the white stuff, and there are accidents all over the place. ROFL

Here on the east side, theres often more than enough snow for the whole state.

Wow Ive never seen that much snow in the Seattle area. I know most Seattle drivers freak when they get about a half inch of the white stuff, and there are accidents all over the place. ROFL

Here on the east side, theres often more than enough snow for the whole state.

Marysville is in a "Convergence Zone" we get a lot different weather than Seattle, so when they get a light dusting of snow, we may get 6 to 8 inches of the crap. Then again, we can get sunshine when they (seattle) get rain storms. Go figure.

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Ours hasn't seen the snow either, and although she wheels like mad, wouldn't want to chance any hint of the 40 miles of bad road anywhere; only because a '71 240Z has no power steering, and after wheeling those with power steering, feel like I'm driving with my feet in rough roads.

I take my Z when I go snowboarding...:devious:

I really love that car in the snow. It does surprisingly well.

plus the snow drifting is always fun.

I've only gotten stuck once so I pulled my set of chains out, put 'em under the front of the drive wheels, got in & drove out.

Its a hell of a lot better in the snow than my Porsche I'll tell you that.

(mid engine might be good for traction, but with absolutely no weight in the front it LOVES to understeer)

My 280Z is a good-weather car now. Essentially no rust, and I intend to keep it that way.

But my 1st and 2nd Z's were year-round cars ('71 240Z and '75 280Z), and here in Central Illinois, they saw their share of snow and salt! Which is probably why they were both rusty pieces of .... by the time I had to get rid of them. Really, though, they handled quite nicely in snow - I did quite a bit of drift-busting on the streets of Decatur and Champaign!

Now I'll just let the Camry brave the salt. I sold that '75 280Z in Los Angeles (after Grad School), and I'm sure someone said "how the heck did this happen to the poor car in California!". :)