IGNORED

rebuilding a 12-80 ignition module

beandip

I have searched the archives and came up empty. I have a 12-80 ignition module that has stopped working . I have read some where that there was a shop, I think in Cal., that rebuilds them. Does any one know of this place or any other that does this? For what the darn things cost I would think that there would be someone doing this. :cross-eye Gary

I have popped one open-the board is covered in black epoxy making it damn near impossible to replace or identify parts on the board level. I don't think the parts on the board are all that special(otherwise they wouldn't have made it so difficult to identify/repair).

Will

goose52 this is what I do also. I have had one of these fail before and since then I keep the spare in the glove compartment. So far I have accumulated 5 of them and so far the counter guy at the u-pull-it hasn't charge me anything for them. I know of a method of enabling us to use the later versions of these with good results. I just replaced one for a friend on her Z and thought I would see if some one was rebuilding them. Sooner or later the supply will dry up. Just like all the rest of the 240z parts have. I have a couple of the 12 80s that are bad and if there is someone rebuilding them I would look into having them done. hls30 a life time ago I worked for a company that built guidant systems for our countries missiles , some of the components were encapsulated in epoxy just for that vary reason, so they could not be taken apart and copied. LOL We were building the prototypes, so I know what you mean. Gary:rambo:

• 2 months later...