IGNORED

sickening

ta240

I have a Japanese battle flag that I occasionally drape over my open hood at shows. Have caught some comments about it but nothing overt. I am just displaying my cars heritage, not making a political statement. I also had a boss many yrs. ago (over 30) that drove a Toyota. The rear bumper had nothing but USMC stickers on it. He was definitely a WW II vet. Letting bygones be bygones.

i do see your point of view, and without getting too political, i don't think that the japanese internment camps were along the lines of human rights. really, a war is a war, but comparing what the japanese did to the genocide of nazi germany is quite a bit extreme, as i'm sure you realize. but i digress.

This isn't really the right place for this conversation, but this is a flawed argument. Remember, the war started in the Far East well before the Germans went into Poland, and the US got in much later than that. There were sixteen million Chinese casualties during their conflict with Japan. Ever hear of the Rape of Nanking? If 300K murders in six weeks isn't systematized killing, I don't know what is.

You are comparing apples and apples, my friend. Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan were roughly equal to each other in terms of their capacity for absolute evil.

Fortunately, they didn't put a lot of time or effort into it so it only goes all the way through the paint for about half of it but it still takes the fun out of owning something nice.

I feel for you. Whoever did this, they did so because they were jealous. You have a nice car and they're envious....it's just too bad they can't put more energy into being constructive instead of destructive.

just for the record, i don't condone what any parties did during WWII, and i am removing myself from that conversation as i don't feel that this is the proper forum to discuss anything politically motivated.

anyway, it DOES really suck that people think that keying a car is a good solution to anything. it really pisses me off to think that people would do it to such a classic car in such nice shape.

I've often wondered if parking my cars well away from other cars(at the extreme outer limits of a parking lot) might actually invite morons to do damage because it probably makes my cars more noticeable. Haven't had anyone key my Z yet, but I did have a shopping cart put a $400 dent in my one month old 2006 Civic(I parked at the bottom of a slanted parking lot, allowing the shopping cart to gain enough speed to do the damage. Live and learn). About the only consolation after getting your car keyed is knowing that the freak who did it is stewing in his own resentment of people owning something nice. Not much, but something. Victor.

I've often wondered if parking my cars well away from other cars(at the extreme outer limits of a parking lot) might actually invite morons to do damage because it probably makes my cars more noticeable. Haven't had anyone key my Z yet, but I did have a shopping cart put a $400 dent in my one month old 2006 Civic(I parked at the bottom of a slanted parking lot, allowing the shopping cart to gain enough speed to do the damage. Live and learn). About the only consolation after getting your car keyed is knowing that the freak who did it is stewing in his own resentment of people owning something nice. Not much, but something. Victor.

Yeah, shopping carts are bad news if you're parked at the lower end of a sloping parking lot. I have seen people unload their packages, and then, instead of securing the cart, they will just give the cart a shove and let it sail away down the parking lot (and into anyone's car who happens to be parked down there).

Yeah, shopping carts are bad news if you're parked at the lower end of a sloping parking lot. I have seen people unload their packages, and then, instead of securing the cart, they will just give the cart a shove and let it sail away down the parking lot (and into anyone's car who happens to be parked down there).

those are the kind of people that are inviting a punch to the face. seriously, what kind of person would do that?

Here shopping carts rarely go on out of control excursions. Probably because my state is about as flat as an ironing board.

Yeah, I grew up in the hills of DeLand (a few hours north of you). I think we were ten feet above sea level there.

LOL

Where you are, cars go on vacation all by themselves. Oh, there's a driver there, but they are not paying attention......