IGNORED

Source for Headlight Retaining Ring

TomoHawk

Mine don't look too nice, and are dinged, scratched & a little rusty. I would like to replace the chrome retaining rings, but they aren't in any of my catalogs. I believe a Z uses 7-inch round lamps? Where can you get the retaining rings for them?

thxZ

It see,s odd that you suggest getting this part that is common to most all 7-inch headlamps, from a specialty provider?

Z-Specialties isn't a specialty company, they just sell Datsun Z parts in the pnw and work on them and thought I'd post a couple links for you to compare compare prices from.

MSA has always been the most expensive source for Z parts, and I only buy from there if I can't find something from other sources. Also, the service guy thinks that the chrome ring should be available at more common places and for much less than $20 reach.

It see,s odd that you suggest getting this part that is common to most all 7-inch headlamps, from a specialty provider?
I wouldn't assume that all 7" retaining rings are the same. The 7" diameter is standard, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to find that the spacing of the three mounting tabs is not. Do your research and pay your price. I'd far rather pay a little extra for a factory part that I know will fit.

moonpoop, why are you surprised ? This has always been his thing. Ask a question the disagree with the answer and debate on and on and on. Pull up any of his threads that he has started from the past and you will see what I mean. Not much substance , just allot of debate. Gary :rolleyes:

So Tommy, did you even BOTHER to check the "specialty" shops you derided? One sells them for $17.92 ea. and the other for $19.95 ea..

...the service guy thinks that the chrome ring should be available at more common places and for much less than $20 reach.

He's right, but only if you check the links you're given.

OK, moonpup, you spend $100 on little chrome things for two headlights and send them to me, and I'll be extremely satisfied. I'll even send you a Christmas card.

Can I take you up on that offer? Heck, you don't even need to send me a card at all or ever, just pay me the $100 and I'll send you a pair for your car PDQ.

Sheeesh, we know you like to argue on and on over asking for and receiving advice, and then belittling those that help you, but even for you this is a new low in idiocy.

Got your AFDB on? (Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie)

E