IGNORED

Paint Mix charts

khughes

Hi Guys,

had a good chance to talk to Jim yesterday, and he reminded me that there are old paint mix charts kicking around, and sometimes come up on ebay etc.

I am looking for the mixture of the KPGC110 Red with nissan code 163. I found a good site in the US that has lots of mix codes on there but sadly it does not include the red i am looking for: http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/

does anyone happen to have any old mix charts around?

Kent

what a great site,just got the car back from the body shop they did a great job,had floors,frame rails and rockers done,highly recommend these guys for northeast coast z cars.bodyshop is located in ridley,pa website is tedandsons automotive. i want to attach pictures but have not figured out how to do it yet. the web site will be a big help for me with getting supplies for painting come september.really excited about my z finally back in the garage .thanks for all the great info from you z buffs. carl h havertown,pa

My buddy with a body shop had a bunch of old books lying around and chucked 'em. Bummer, I should have thought to save the stuff we need.

Perhaps there is a body shop in Oz (or Auz? :) which has a bunch of old color books collecting dust.

What kind of paint are U using? If it's PPG or Dupont I could drop by my local jobber and see if they will give me the mix codes.

Jim

thanks Jimmy,

i am not sure what paint i would use yet, probably PPG... but i would greatly appreciate it if you could ask (at this stage anything will help!). I am not sure if this colour was JDM only, or another colour code for a different model

Thanks

Kent

I'll give it a swing. Even though they didn't send your car to the states it might be possible that they could get the data for me.

I did find mention of code 163 in another country so this is promising. (google search) The paint jobber is 40 miles away and will be on my route in another day. (Tuesday in the USA)

I went with AX6, the same red as was used on the 350Z. It is an awesome red but I'm sure you want the authentic red on your car.

Jim

also found this one that has datsun colours in it, but no 163..

http://www.performancecoatings.dupont.com/bowstreet5/webengine/dpc/common/Controller/Action!_pageDispatcher/InnerModel!dpc/modules/Login/OuterModel!dpc/common/Controller/InnerAction!visitorAction

goto color (at the top), then color chip library - historical (on the left) then finally dupont refinish on the left.

I'll call the jobber tomorrow and see what they have but going in person and looking through the books may be what it takes. C110 and laurel were not available in the states but the girl behind the counter is very resourceful.

Keep you posted

Wow! Bryan!

that is the first reference i have seen to it online! (73, nissan, nissan) PPG code: "NIS163:73 163 Red Nissan 1973 -1975"

http://www.carpaintonline.com/paints-bymake.php?Year=1973&AutoMakerId=83&ModelId=83

interesting that it lists "infinity 1973 - 1975" as using the same code.. infinity wasn't a brand back then in the US was it?

i presume that these codes are worldwide? Jimmy, would it be possible for them to look up this code to get the mix? (sorry i have no idea about paint and how they mix it etc.) or is this a pre-mix type thing?