IGNORED

Name this car...

Zvoiture

Hi Steve,

Oops!!!!

I was viewing the pic at the wrong angle, and thought it was part of a Landrover type dashboard with the i.d. plate attached to it, instead of the rear of the engine bay :):) A definate case of tunnel vision on my part.

Now if I could read Japanese, that may help... Any hints ??

:stupid:

Reading Japanese won't help much with reading VIN / Chassis Number tags on Japanese-market cars. What you need to bone up on is the factory build codes.

This one says "CSP311" - so its the "first" SILVIA, a pretty-much hand-built 2-door coupe body on a Roadster frame. Nissan did not build very many of them, and just a few got outside Japan.

They were really pretty cars. Albrecht Goertz always claimed more than his fair share of design-input on this model ( what's new? ) but I believe the first styling sketches and follow-through on the design were done by Nissan stylist Mr Kazuo Kimura. Goertz made some "suggestions" on it..................

What's the story on this one? Where is it?

Do I get the Kewpie doll?

Alan.

I knew the split second Alan saw this thread, the game would be over!...This car is pretty beat...strange bumpers..lots of ugly mods...twin sunroofs??? It was given to a Nissan race driver who lived in Hawaii and the current owner bought it and had it shipped over. He doesn't have a bunch of money to dump into it, but is slowly putting it back together with the help of interested parties in NZ. Runs great...drove it to the show...

IMGP0638.jpg?bcfZmn9AvfuyIasW

steve77