IGNORED

C110 for sale in japan

khughes

I don't think there is any attempted misrepresentation going on here. I just think the Prestige Motorsport boys (who have quite a good name here in Aus) are not all that clued up with old cars. They also list Fairlady Roadsters as "Fairlady Z"s.

Badging is one thing. Attempting to sell it as something it isn't is entirely different.

Exactly.

I don't think there is any attempted misrepresentation going on here. I just think the Prestige Motorsport boys (who have quite a good name here in Aus) are not all that clued up with old cars.

I don't think that is any excuse whatsoever, and in fact it even scares me a little ( albeit vicariously ). If these people are proper, professional used car importers then they HAVE to know what they are selling. Ignorance is absolutely NO excuse. They are going to mislead people by mis-describing these cars, and I'm sure that there are laws that they will fall foul of in doing so. At the very least I'd hope that a company selling such a car would lead the way in educating / advising their potential customers on what they are selling. It is a lovely car and I'm sure it represents a fair return for the price, but they are not selling a 'GT-R' and therefore they should not describe the car as one. I don't see the magic words 'lookalike' or 'replica', and there's no mention of the VIN prefix or true model type either.

Lachlan, I believe I told you the sad story of the young lady here in the UK who spent almost all of her inheritance on buying and importing what she was led to believe was a real C10 GT-R? Turned out to be a GT that was dressed up as a GT-R, and a completely rotten one at that. It looked good in photos. She was more than a little naive, but was it completely her fault? I don't think so...........

I've got absolutely nothing against replicas or lookalikes ( quite the opposite! ) and it is the right of the owner to put whatever badges or emblems he likes on his car. But when he comes to sell it, he needs to describe it as what it really is. Better for him, and better for all of us too.

Alan T.

It would. But the car that 'Prestige Motorsport' are trying to sell is a GT-R 'replica', based on a GT or GT-X. Quite different.

I've seen them doing this before. Somebody should take them to task for it. If they described an R32 GTS as a 'GT-R' they'd get laughed at long and hard, but with the older stuff less people are willing to pull them up on it.

Don't know why............?

oh. somehow, then, i missed that part on the site. i must not have read that.

yes, a replica will not go for big money compared to the real McCoy. even if it's done immaculately.

I don't think that is any excuse whatsoever, and in fact it even scares me a little ( albeit vicariously ). If these people are proper, professional used car importers then they HAVE to know what they are selling. Ignorance is absolutely NO excuse. They are going to mislead people by mis-describing these cars, and I'm sure that there are laws that they will fall foul of in doing so. At the very least I'd hope that a company selling such a car would lead the way in educating / advising their potential customers on what they are selling. It is a lovely car and I'm sure it represents a fair return for the price, but they are not selling a 'GT-R' and therefore they should not describe the car as one. I don't see the magic words 'lookalike' or 'replica', and there's no mention of the VIN prefix or true model type either.

Hi Alan - make no mistake - I am not making excuses for these guys :) No it's not acceptable and they should be more responsible. For what it's worth though, most of the cars that end up on the "list" they send out are actually just picked from Yahoo! Auctions Japan. This is one of them. To clarify, they are not actually selling these cars as such, rather they're just showing examples of what can be bought. So it was potentially the seller who was misrepresenting the car (it wasn't...).

Again, not making excuses. Just explaining what these guys do for interest's sake.

Lachlan, I believe I told you the sad story of the young lady here in the UK who spent almost all of her inheritance on buying and importing what she was led to believe was a real C10 GT-R?

Yep, I was reminded of that story when you first posted - very unfortunate and no one deserves that.

bonzelite, have you picked up your C110 from brian yet? i havn't had a chance to speak to him much lately. how is the car going?

Kent

not yet, Kent. but is still slated for my purchase. it should not be too much longer, however. it's been a summer of "cash slow." but soon that will become "flow." very close now...

thanks for asking. when i do get it i will make a whole writeup thread on it. Brian has been very patient and polite with me so i want to commend him on that here.

The second listing from Rocky Auto... I'd be wary of Rocky Auto. My freind has had a real bad time recently with his car (C10GTX in GT-R dressing) he bought from Rocky. They shipped it with a LARGE number of advertised parts, missing and or replaced with less value items. Oh, and the RUST! Conveneintly NOT advertised was a surprise Bonus(?!?) on the deal!

cool, i can't wait to see what happens to her! she certainly is a good car! just needs a little TLC!

yes, i've already bought triple Makunis for it.

i was surprised at how well and smooth the car started and drove. and the underside appeared like a much younger car. was uncanny. only issue was a mild exterior ugliness. but there is more than meets the eye to that car.