IGNORED

Nissan Decompensating

Mckrack

Let's get some stuff straight here...

France was invaded and conquered by Germany - The U.S. is not in the same boat.

The U.S. rescued France because it was in our best interest to stop the Nazi war machine. - This has very little in common with Iraq. Iraq did not invade another country, we put a stop to that the first time around. So the only thing in common between Normandy and Iraq is that they are both in OUR best interest.

Now before anyone starts blasting away with anti-U.S. accusations let me just clarify, I have never been considered Pro-French, but more importantly I am not Anti-French either.

If it wasn't for Carlos, Nissan may have wound up tits-up in the early 90's, so we have him to thank for that... and quite possibly the Titan too :)

Yes, I too believe that Nissan should show a little more love to the DATSUN crowd, as they only seem to recognize the existance of the S30 when it stands to benefit their own wallet... but isn't that what buisness is all about? Sometimes it upsetting to see that it appears that Nissan (N.A.) is trying to distance itself from the Datsun name :cry:

And furthermore, personally I LOVE to see old designs from one product used in another. When I bought my '03 Frontier and I saw the Speedo and Tach arranged in pods like the S30, I wept with joy... and the fender flares looked like ZG flares to me. I really wish they had done the same to my '07.

Oh, and another thing... Nissan quickly realized that the Ford partnership (Quest/Villager) was a mistake, but they needed to get a minivan (yuk!) to market and Ford already had a plant and die facilty available. The short contract gave Nissan the time they needed to expand and tool up to build their own. The only Nissan parts in those vans were the driveline parts.

I bet you had French toast for breakfast, French Fries for lunch and a big ole loaf of French bread for dinner! :bunny:

Yes I must correct myself. It was WW1 not 11 that was the Big One. I was actually thinking I was wrong when I was writing it but what the hell sue me.

Now Will, I wasn't told that about the 240z and 350z I had a 350z and it actually reminded me just a little of my 240z a real little. The three gauges the stark interior.

Someone said something about the altima and air vents. I saw an add on TV and they sure looked like gauges to me.

Regarding the French and there has to be an influence their becuse of the CEO and Renault, I ask again has any one here ever been there. I have and they aint to nice to Americans.

I don't know what the reference about the shark means.

Maybe we need Mr. Becks opinion on all of this or maybe the Englishman Alan. I am sure they must have some opinions about all of this. Maybe Alan can give a more detailed History on the French. lololol

I am so sorry I offended anyone from France since Eva Longoria and Tony Parker just got married. You know them the priviliged ones. But they don't own Datsun 240, 260,280 and 300 Z cars. So you know what we are a club and we have it over anyone that doesn't own these cars. Were the chosen few that have taste. Real honest to goodness taste in cars. The Z car the most beautiful sports car ever built and Nissan doesn't even know or care.

AMEN

It's quite disturbing to me that someone belonging to this club can be so xenophobic and ignorant of history. I'm sorry that our members residing in France have to read such nonsense.

Well said that man. Not many others appear to be listening though........

The only purpose this thread is currently serving is that of identifying the people who are pissing in the well that we all need to drink from.

I have no idea how member 'Mckrack' managed to avoid the site radar for so long and make upwards of 150 posts, but the alarms should be ringing by now and surely he's just a nasty accident waiting to happen. Those who are being sucked-in to this spurious thread please take note.

I advocate a lifetime ban from this forum before its reputation is any more damaged.

Alan T.

No need to get so huffy Alan T. All I asked was for a little History about the French and since you live in Europe you could help us all out. As for recommending banning me forever that's not really a very nice thing to do is it Alan? What's got in to you my friend?

I knew sometime during this thread someone was going to dispell my 3 gauge comment I commend you whole heartedly for correcting me. However even though there are no gauges that dash looks a whole lot like the 350z dash I had. The humps on top of the vents. Why would they be there. So they took the dash and took out the guages and put in vents. Very ingenious.

One thing though if someone can tell me why three vents. Is there a bench seat in the car so that the driver and the two other passengers can control their own vents. This is a classic way of cheaping out while still using the same parts. I bet though that most folks that buy or lease the car won't know because they don't know the 350Z.

Since now I am in fear that Alan from England wants to ban me I better shut up. I'm sorry if I offended you Alan I will try not to do it again because I value your knowledge and expertise and I wouldn't want to wizz in your wall.

I knew sometime during this thread someone was going to dispell[sic] my 3 gauge comment I commend you whole heartedly for correcting me.

Uhh...

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Please spare us the hyperbole next time.

It is better to admit a mistake then to keep insisting you are right.

However I could have sworn I saw those gauges on that commercial. I'm wondering if that car comes with a 3 gauge option.

Is that the only mistake you feel that you've made in this thread?:ermm: