IGNORED

Z specific shops around Sydney or Melbourne

Curtis240Z

Hi Curtis,

Yes there are a few.

Victoria:

Zworx located in Mordiallic which is a Southern suburb of Melbourne.

Zshop located in Malvern not far from the City.

Zextra located in Altona which is still there but not sure that he opens the doors any more.

NSW:

AllZparts somewhere in NSW

Theres most likely more in NSW however I'm from Victoria so not that familiar.

If your in Victoria long enough hire a sporty car and hit the western coast for a nice drive down the Great Ocean Road. Fabulous driving and some nice seaside towns to stop in!

post-3694-14150800745737_thumb.jpg

post-3694-14150800745979_thumb.jpg

post-3694-14150800746176_thumb.jpeg

Saddly, while we all like zeds, after 30 years they are becoming far and few between. The Skyline circus has taken over in the majority of zed shops.

As Russjz-zed wrote, best to forget the big bag, unless your after Skyline parts........

Are there any Australian only parts us USA guys might find hard to get here?

Hi Curtis,

From the looks of your avatar you already have the sort after "euro" tail lights with amber turn signals. I say "euro" because in Japan, Europe, Australia and NZ we were given these tail lights. It's really only the US that got the Red / Red combo.

Anyway other than RHD parts there isn't a whole lot different. Our early Z's all had 5 speeds and I don't believe any had the 4 speed box the US did.

We got loads of 2+2's so if you need any specific 2+2 bits you may find what your after.

I used to see Zcars in Junk Yards but it's very very rare these days. More chance of finding a 280zx but we didn't get a turbo version or 2 seater for that matter.

There are loads of other unique datsun's though.

As the others said, we generally buy our bits from the states just because it's easier to find what we need and cheaper alot of the time.

If was here for the Gran Prix next year I'd be happy to show you around Melbourne but unfortunately I'll be in Ireland if all goes to plan. I think you'll love Melbourne provided the weather is good. Albert Park is an awesome circuit.

You will see you fair share of Skylines as Mike said, but the GTR version is a little more rare than the GTS, GTS-T, GTT etc...

Are there any Australian only parts us USA guys might find hard to get here?

Not really. If you thinking of getting some parts to take back to the USA to sell for profit, you'd probably be better off bringing some hard to get parts to Australia and selling them off to the locals.

Hullo All

Just to add my "two-bobs worth" to the other comments: I have had a lot of trouble getting parts for my 240Z in Australia. I often try Nissan first, but rarely find what I am seeking available there!! Mostly I find the people in the US are more reliable and have a bigger range. Price is unfortunately getting higher! But the exchange rate is helping right now.

Recently I purchased a pair of windscreen wiper arms from the US. The supplier said they were for a right-hand drive car, but when they arrived it was obvious they were left hand drive units. They were VERY expensive, but I asked a local workshop to "convert" them to RHD, fearing it might not work out. For him it was no big deal and they look exactly correct!

The Great Ocean Road is a great drive in anything. I hope to travel it again with Caravan in tow in April, 2008.

Regards, Jack

On second thoughts, if your idea is to make a profit, you could get a 20 foot container and fill it with RB30 engines, $200 is probably MAX at a junk yard . less privately.("free, get it out of here" is commom)

Upset the balance of the planet, move some weight to the northern hemisphere.- give those depressed global warming loonies:disappoin something to keep them awake a bit longer at nights.

In sydney today, it's the coldest day since global warming records were kept!ROFL

• 1 month later...

G'Day Curtis,

I don't check out this forum very often so I only just read your post.

The only supplier I've had dealings with is Warren, at All Z Parts in Sydney. So far, I've had no problems getting parts for my 260Z from him, although I haven't been in touch with him for months. His web address is;

www.allzparts.com.au

His shop is located in the suburb of Hornsby which is a fair distance outside the Sydney CBD. Perhaps one of our friendly Sydney members will vollunteer to act as guide during your stay.

I agree wholeheartedly with Jack. If you have the time, hire a car and drive The Great Ocean Road. FANTASTIC scenery.

However, it's about the only thing Melbourne has going for it:dead:(The Melbourneites will get me for that).LOL

Rick.

:devious::devious: