IGNORED

If you could have only one Z-but any Z which would it be?

hls30.com

If you could have only one Z-but any Z, which would it be? choose from all criteria  

280 members have voted

1. 1. If you could have only one Z-but any Z, which would it be? choose from all criteria

I would want a '72 or 73 because if I could have only one, it would be a when every the mood struck driver, and '73 had the most safety equipment, and several convenient things(backlit heater Control Panel, backlit Hazzard switch, ect, and updating a few things(carbs, radio, dizzy, etc), really wouldn't affect the value as much as they would affect the enjoyment...

Will

You left out Rally Cars, these are International.

Therefore my vote is a "works" rally zed.

I voted racing history. I love the old Works rally Zeds they are truely beautiful however if I could have any Z it would have to be BIG SAM :). Which originally was an ex works rally car from my understanding, so really best of both worlds.

I love the old BRE Zcars, but since it's LHD i'll leave it in the US of A :).

I have to say though the 432R Fairlady Z comes in a close second and a HS30-H 240zg comes in third.

4th goes to San Sato's (not 100% sure that's his name) white 240z in Japan with ZG flares, Bride Racing seats and 1 mean l28.

That's my wish list anyway. :)

Alex - using my $2m winnings I'd take the:

1) 240/280 BSR/Newman car for $150,000.,

2) BSR/Newman 300ZXT for $250,000. and the

3) twin turbo 280ZX BSR/Newman car for $1.5M

If I could have only one of them it would be the 240/280 with the twin trumpet pipes. A bit cheaper to maintain ($3-4k refresher before each race).

Plus Paul and I are the same size so the seat and pedal set-up is about as perfect as I've ever been in any car.

All three plus the Tom Cruise showroom stock race car (300ZX) will be up and running by the end of the year.

Well, a 1972 because that's what I have ... and it's not only the character or nature of the car, but just as importantly the 35 years worth of memories that go with the car.

Leaving aside emotional considerations, I do prefer the simplicity and light weight of the 240, but always did admire the Z32 for it's body design, power, and handling....

• 3 weeks later...