IGNORED

rubber floor plugs

madkaw

I found some posts on floor plugs but can't seem to find parts ### for them. I didn't see them in the MSA catalog either. I was actually amazed on how little info there was on those boogers.

So anyone got some part#####'s

thanks in advance

Just a heads up, my 73 has 6 holes in the floor and 2 in the spare tire well that measure about 1 inch in diameter, 4 larger holes in the floor about 1 3/4 inches in diameter, then the 2 that are in the hatch that are 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Most that I have seen for sale fail to mention the diameter, just say floor plugs or hatch plugs. I have not seen any for the 1 inch holes, yet, still looking.

Bonzi Lon

I called MSA about these plugs a while back. They told me that they can get them for me, but I need to measure the holes and provide them with the mesaurements. I guess the number of holes and sizes can vary.

I don't recall the exact price they told me, but I recall it being pretty reasonable.

i've also been looking for alternatives for these plugs. I needed to replace all the plugs on the floor and a couple to cover up the holes on the firewall after i removed my air conditioning. after some searching, i found this...

http://store.nutsandbolts.com/sheet-metal-hole-plugs.html

it looks like it might work, but i'm not sure since i didn't order any yet. i plan on getting some, but i might not get to it anytime soon. if anyone decides to give these a try, please make a post to let us know if these work good. thanks

Thanks Matt,

but is there an advantage to using these over the stock rubber plugs? Are they readily available? Plus there is the problem of the different size holes .

You are welcome.

1) Advantage...? I had them in-hand.

2) If you are near a PNP, they are available, probably REAL cheap.

3) Won't work on holes smaller or larger than the floorpan holes. I have yet to find a good plug for where the removed AC lines went through the firewall. I might just have to tack on a plate there.