Hands up who's in Perth (or Australia...) - Page 2 - Australia & NZ - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Hands up who's in Perth (or Australia...)

Featured Replies

Thanks Mike

Is other Europe and Japan?

I have #396 complianced Feb 1970.

Are first 500 vented hatch and 2 lever console?

and is that 500 world wide rhd?

Nick

Actually looked at compliance plate 71/2

you guys get the skylines the silvias all the good cars. so your shorted on Z's this may be true. but look at what they gave you in return.

us poor souls in the usa could only wish for the skyline or like animals here

Thanks Mike

Is other Europe and Japan?

I have #396 complianced Feb 1970.

Are first 500 vented hatch and 2 lever console?

and is that 500 world wide rhd?

Nick

Nick, I think you have just spotted a mistake in the book? or is it an oversight as no Jap production is given. If so then there figures are"rubbery" to say the least!

It must be remembered that the 240z appeared as the Fairlady Z with a 2L engine there, but the question remains how many zed's [2L to 2.8L] where produced in total?

Anyone with any answers?

The first 500 where all LHD, 500 was a production figure that Datsun [Nissan] needed for the vehicle to be recognised by whichever sports ruling body at the time as a production whatever car [racing,rally/whatever].

The earliest RHD is #004. I know the owner and it is maintained in showroom condition.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Hi Mike

I heard that #004 had been sold to a UK buyer, if this is the case do you know the number of the oldest Australian based car?

Lee

YO I'm from Melbourne Fellas.

Is this the same Z as pictured below and does Lindsay from the Z Shop know this person. He tells me they have the earliest know of 240z in the world but as Alan tells me this may be incorrect.

d:\my documents\gavin\lindsay%20w%20004-lge.jpg

Lindsay knows the person and the car. It was garaged there for a while last year.

Unfortunately, I can't download your uploaded pic, so I don't know what it is a photo of?

I was speaking to the owners son last week and he didn't mention that 004 had been sold, then again I didn't ask either. Send photo to 240z@universal.alphalink.com.au so I can see who you're talking about.

  • Author

Guys, Does the car you are all obliquely refering to happen to belong to a certain TV vet? The NDSOC website displayes a picture of the car, names its owner and stts that its no.4. See attached pic.

post-1743-14150792108071_thumb.gif

Thats the car, how did you manage to break into the NDSOC site?

  • Author

I didn't. Just go to the site, open members cars - 240z. Click on the thumbnail for a full sized pic and then right-click to save to your desktop - voila!

They must have moved web sites. All I get is unable to locate server!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.