IGNORED

MSA's Sunday Show thoughts

240ZX

wow! lovely car goose.what rims are they.they look similar to the old compomotive we had here in u.k.
Thanks. The wheels are ATS (Germany) 15x6 that I installed on the car in 1983. They are pretty rare here (and if anyone has one for sale - I'd sure like to have a spare!).

Hi all, Just got back from the show(flew out w/ kenz240z) and I have to say it was the best show that I have been to in the three years I've gone! Great venue and fairly good organization...kudos to MSA. They don't really have to do this show, yet they do it every year for the last 12(and it's gotten better every year). We went to the auto cross at El Toro( that was weird standing on the runway that I flew out to Viet Nam 41 years ago...and returned to 40 years ago at the same time of year) and saw some fun driving on a great course. Thanks to the SCSCCA for putting on the event. Thanks also to GroupZ for the kick-off BBQ. We had an awsome time and are thinking seriously of returning next year with our cars. Mike, I'll be sending you a CD of the 70 odd pics I took. (I find it too much of a PITA to upload them all to the site what with trying to modify them so they'll load, etc.) Missed all the Oregon/Washington contingent...Arne, Mike, Dave, etc. Hope to see you next year. All in all a good time was had by all. Cheers, Mike

Thanks. The wheels are ATS (Germany) 15x6 that I installed on the car in 1983. They are pretty rare here (and if anyone has one for sale - I'd sure like to have a spare!).

Those wheels are sick!

The Power of German enginering ^_^

~Z~

Hi guys,

The new venue was terrific!! More of a concourse enivronment instead of a car show environment. I must applaud MSA for all the hard work. Managing such an event is a daunting task. Sal, and the gang at MSA really know how to get this done.

I think that MSA took some notes at the JCCS show that is held in Long Beach every year. A scenic location, added a race car class, and lined up cars by classification. These changes made the show much more enjoyable and comfortable.

The reason you did not see other Datsuns is that they sold out of the 380 parking spots prior to the show, and limited the show to just Z cars because of the overwhelming demand for show parking.

I brought out my BRE Z and offered to bring my Roadster as well, but Sal thought that they would not have enough room for both race cars and gave preferential treatment to Z cars.

On a side note it was fun to drive my car a little and I am sure I woke up everyone within a mile of the park at 8AM in the morning when I started up the Z and drove onto the show grounds...That was FUN.

BTW, did you guys see John Morton at the show!? He stopped by and chatted for a few minutes.

Let MSA know how you liked the event as I am sure they want to hear your feedback.

hi goose.loved those wheels so much i think i've found some almost identical.have look at these.there from australia by performance wheels.we have distributor here in england so i'm sure they'll be one in the states.they come in silver like yours as well.you might get lucky with an odd one for a spare.really well priced as well.

post-14113-14150800355056_thumb.jpg

Those wheels are sick!

Thanks!

hi goose.loved those wheels so much i think i've found some almost identical.
That design is about the closest to mine that I've seen over all these years ... it looks pretty good.
Let MSA know how you liked the event as I am sure they want to hear your feedback.
Will do...

Wayne

Awesome place. Loved the lake, liked walking on grass instead of hot pavement. Made looking under cars a lot easier too. If anything, the entry time into the park could have been improved. It seemed checking in could have been quicker, but tons improved from before. It was SO much easier queueing the cars in their respective areas.

Yes, the place had CLASS!!! :), but no cell reception AFAIK