IGNORED

beautiful beautiful 1978 280z on Ebay

76Datsun280z

All the specs on the bottom are for a '79 ZX. If you notice, it lists the brakes as disc/disc and shows 135 BHP which was the later testing method from the '79. Oh well, WE all know the real specs. ROFL

The car is beautiful though! Any guesses as to what the reserve is at? I'll bet it's set higher than anybody is willing to pay for a 280Z at this time.

Looking back on what I've spent and what I have left to spend, I would have been better off buying something like this car. Then I would have been driving it all these years instead of getting greasy and looking at it sit in the garage. :tapemouth

Looking back on what I've spent and what I have left to spend, I would have been better off buying something like this car. Then I would have been driving it all these years instead of getting greasy and looking at it sit in the garage. :tapemouth

But, Jeff....you wouldn't have appreciatedit as much if you just turn the key and go....you gotta work for it!ROFL

At least, that's what I tell myself....8 months in bodyshop he!! and whatnot...

Looking back on what I've spent and what I have left to spend, I would have been better off buying something like this car. Then I would have been driving it all these years instead of getting greasy and looking at it sit in the garage.

But sometimes the fun can be from fixing it up and enjoying after your hard workLOL

As an owner of a 78Z on the other end of condition chart of this one, I must agree that the reserve will most likely be more than anyone is willing to pay for a 78. I currently have a 73 and 71 that both are in very good condition but I still love my ugly old 78 better. If I had unlimited funds I would very interested in this car.

Oh, the irony! This shows up, and I recognize the dealer's name - his place is about 4 miles from my house! The ironic part is that I'm out of town all week, and can't go scope it out right now!

But I'll be home long before the auction closes, so if anyone is interested I'll try to make it over there and confirm the real condition. I suspect it'll be pretty good, as that dealer does normally have darn good stuff.

But, Jeff....you wouldn't have appreciatedit as much if you just turn the key and go....you gotta work for it!ROFL

At least, that's what I tell myself....8 months in bodyshop he!! and whatnot...

Yes, yes, I know ALL about the hard work and appreciation part of it, but it would be kinda nice to actually be able to DRIVE my Z rather than constantly work on it.

What's sad is that no matter how much time and money I dump into mine at this point, it will never be as clean as that car. Granted, mine is far from stock, but still... There's something to be said for an unmolested Z. If I were in the market for that Z, I would, of course, have to put some personal touches on it like Panasports, lowering springs, urethane bushings, 240Z bumpers... WAIT A MINUTE! Then I'd be right back to working on the car again ROFL

I guess I'll just keep plugging away on mine.

What's sad is that no matter how much time and money I dump into mine at this point, it will never be as clean as that car.
Which is exactly why I bought my red 240Z, as opposed to waiting to finish the yellow 240Z. It was far more affordable to buy a clean, very original car - rather than to try to restore my rusty, high mileage car to that level.