IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

I went fishing with my son by my Z432. After arriving home I found a water pump leakage.

I intalled the osccilator of my 240ZG correctly which was installed up side down .

I checked it and still keeping accurate time.

Kats

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kats said:

I am talking about this, http://www.auto-adviser-stuff.com/stock-cars/Z432.html

The white is this , is not it?  http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/CU4072480302/index.html?TRCD=200002

The seller is saying this is not restored, but it is not true. This white car is restored.

Kats

This is the car I was talking about.  The owner is "thinking" about selling.  He also collects Mazda Cosmo's. He's in Kyoto.  Do you know him?

It's strange that you can find a NEW oscillator but cannot find a new water pump.  I would think yours can be rebuilt. The new old stock nissan GTR ones on yahoo auctions have

been sitting on a shelf for 40+ years and I would think the shaft seal would have dried out.  Good to see the car being exercised.  I thought it was in the museum?

z432-white.jpg

Edited by hr369

Hi hr369,

I do not think I have ever seen the car, Kyoto is pretty close to my home. 

Some Japanese shops do rebuilding the S20 pump,. They have all the parts which are necessary for it.

My Z432 is now having a temporary stay at my house, 

Kats

Kats, good luck with that. The imported usdm cars I see for sale on yahoo auctions seem to not sell well.  

My wife's nephew, 24 years old, works for Toyota in osaka.  He's a car guy so I asked him if he'd like to drive my 280z and he jumped at the chance.

Big mistake, he really didn't know how to drive a stick shift.  Lots of grinding and i think he redlined it a couple times..  He also didn't like the steering.

It was too hard he said.  Kids nowdays,  here and there, are too used to automatic transmissions, power steering, navi-tv, a/c.

i finally read through most of this thread and i've got to applaud your efforts to keep these old cars running.  I gotta say my favorite car is the new ZG.

It just looks so original, at least in the pictures, just like you just drove it off the showroom floor. For those of us old enough to remember these in

the datsun showrooms, it brings back lots of memories.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2016年3月7日 at 7:06 PM, hr369 said:

Kats, I will be in Osaka may 15-25. Where is this museum? I will be in Higashi and Umeda.

Hi hr369,

I am planning meeting you on May 17 or 19 or 20. Let me know anytime.

I hope the sky will be clear for a ride.

Kats

Edited by kats

I drove my Orange 240Z 900km from my home to my mother's home. It has got a an automatic transmission, the trip was so easy and I loved it very much.

Everyone may think the auto transmission is not desirable, less sportiness , less joy of driving .

Yes I know what people are saying and I was the one who was thinking the same way without experience driving the auto transmission of S30.

Unless you are at a circuit , you will be happy with the automatic  transmission 240Z. I must say my 240Z is keeping preserved condition and mechanically maintained very well.

Kats

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by kats
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, kats said:

Hi hr369,

I am planning meeting you on May 17 or 19 or 20. Let me know anytime.

I hope the sky will be clear for a ride.

Kats

Ok Thanks Kats.  17 I'm still in Nagoya. What's best for you on 19 or 20?

You like Kona coffee? I will pm our keitai number.

21 hours ago, kats said:

I drove my Orange 240Z 900km from my home to my mother's home. It has got a an automatic transmission, the trip was so easy and I loved it very much.

Everyone may think the auto transmission is not desirable, less sportiness , less joy of driving .

Yes I know what people are saying and I was the one who was thinking the same way without experience driving the auto transmission of S30.

Unless you are at a circuit , you will be happy with the automatic  transmission 240Z. I must say my 240Z is keeping preserved condition and mechanically maintained very well.

Kats

I've had an automatic z for 18 years and love it. I never considered putting a 5 speed in it.  It is best in slow stop and go traffic and accelerating away from stop lights..

The automatic allows me to have both hands on the wheel to steer that stiff steering because  i've got wide wheels. Electric power steering would be a very nice upgrade for mine.

My reverse gear clutches recently went bad and have a replacement transmission ready to install.  2n'd gear clutches and reverse are the weak part of this Jatco automatic. The turbo 280zx automatic trans has more clutch

packs, sportier gearing, higher stall speed and is considered an upgrade. Is that orange 240z  a Southern California car?

Edited by hr369
  • Like 1