IGNORED

my version of twice pipes

madkaw

Hi Steve, What were the resonators? Were they glass-packs or someting else (could you give me the part #s)? I have a Magnaflow round 5" on a 2 1/2" exhaust and want to quiet it just a bit. It sounds great, but is just a touch too loud.

Thanks.

Cheers, Mike

I've ordered everything from summitt. For me it was the smallest 2"resonators I could find for my confined space. They are 12" long, but if you have room go bigger. They are 3" diameter also-again not much room. You might ask some other guys or search resonators for folks who have solved there resonance issues-they might have a good solution. My exhaust is so different that the it might not applie to your situation.

There is a difference between glasspacks and resonators-so do some search on those also.

• 4 years later...

Been a while since I posted on this thread:)

Well the glasspacks were getting loud and not controlling resonance like they used to. They were only about 20$ each, so I got what I paid for. I bought these magnaflow 4" round mufflers to replace the glasspacks. Hopefully all the SS will hold up longer. Too bad the engine is apart and I can't hear the upgrade.

I have been so happy with the sound of this exhaust that i don't regret the time and money it took to do it. Don't know if it does anything to help performance, but I know it doesn't hurt the performance.

post-7622-14150829925056_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150829925605_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150829925815_thumb.jpg