IGNORED

14 months later.

a7dz

I've been following Jim's project since we first met in person in June of 06. The work he's done is very impressive, more so in that he has done this job on a car that has always been in his family, and even though it's been done to a high level, Jim plans to drive the car, which I love to hear.

Jim

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL JOB...

Did you ever find your center caps?

Will

No I have not found them yet but, I have not given up and am getting more help as the car gets more exposure. Plan on getting more envolved in the Washington Z Car Club. Some one will spot them somewhere.

Have you ever tried to shrink a casting down?

I've been following Jim's project since we first met in person in June of 06. The work he's done is very impressive, more so in that he has done this job on a car that has always been in his family, and even though it's been done to a high level, Jim plans to drive the car, which I love to hear.

Arne you are so correct.

Built this car to drive and enjoy with my friends. Can not wait to wind through the mountians following all my PDX friends.

Having owned this car over thirty years and haven driven the Z across this country four times leaves only the state of Maine that this Z car has not seen.

No I have not found them yet but, I have not given up and am getting more help as the car gets more exposure. Plan on getting more envolved in the Washington Z Car Club. Some one will spot them somewhere.

A funny thing happened to me at the pick and pull the other day, and I think you will like it....I was no help with the door hinges, but...PM your address to me(or I can send them in a box I have going to E), for a dirty suprise(not boobs thread dirty, but...)!

On the shrinking the casting, I'm not quite sure what you mean...

Will

• 3 months later...

Last Friday was the day we had been looking for in every box that came here from all the different suppliers and friends around the couontry. I put the keys into the Z and drove it. Getting the little things worked out. What a great feeling. See the last couple of years work all come together and down the street. Still a few minor things to get worked out but, nothing to write home about.

That's great you were able to do it. I tried to do that years ago with my first 72 that I purchased in 76 but when I got into it the body was too far gone to restore so I stored most of the parts and thought well maybe some day they will be usefull. A couple years ago some one told me about a guy that had the same year/color of the one I had who was restoring it and just wanted to get out of it. He had done the what I consider the hardest part body/paint but didn't have the money to complete the rest. I got it for a great price and used all my parts to finish it. It looks and runs great now. I know the feeling you must have driving it. What I did is nothing compared to the time and effort you put into your Z, you are to be commended for saving a first gen Z. I'm sure you'll never sell it.

• 1 month later...

Here is the latest on the Z. The interior complete minus the strap on the passenger door and the glove box door. Would like to find a better door.

Had the Z over to the High school to pick up my son. The Z was a hit again.

post-1188-14150803377585_thumb.jpg

post-1188-14150803378079_thumb.jpg

post-1188-14150803378512_thumb.jpg

post-1188-1415080337901_thumb.jpg

Jim are you still planing on a three day down here for Canby? It's been a long time coming, and we are all looking forward to seeing you and your Z. She really is a great looking Z. For any one reading this thread. Jim saved this Z form a rusty hulk that anyone else would scrapped. I cannot remember ever seeing another that was this bad saved. It is truly amazing . There is going to be cart races at Sy-Cart in Tigard on Friday evening. A group of us from NorthWest Z and anyone else that wants to have some fun. Sort of a kick off to Canby.

My plans are to be down that weekend. Will try to get to your place around noon Friday. Got the front end lined up this past week and been taking those jaunts around town each one a little further then the last. I did loose the speedometer indication this afternoon. Will have to get into that real soon.