IGNORED

14 months later.

a7dz

I started into this last year not knowing how deep I would get. I will post the differences only saying that the labor was done in my garage with some coaching from the guys in the Northwest area. Also, note I am a electrician.

Some one will ask which one is the new ones. I can only say all of them. I will post my experiences on the different areas in tech articles later as I have promised the guys in the northwest.

1970 240z I have owned 30 plus years.

post-1188-14150800039272_thumb.jpg

post-1188-14150800039605_thumb.jpg

post-1188-14150800064388_thumb.jpg

post-1188-1415080006483_thumb.jpg

post-1188-14150800065032_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Yup, the first cut is the deepest...congratulations on getting this far...and you did it mostly yourself...drive it with pride!

:beard:

I've been following Jim's progress for almost a year now. Believe me when I say that in this case, "mostly yourself" is a serious understatement. I'm frankly in awe of what Jim has done almost entirely single-handedly. Totally amazing!

I've been following Jim's progress for almost a year now. Believe me when I say that in this case, "mostly yourself" is a serious understatement. I'm frankly in awe of what Jim has done almost entirely single-handedly. Totally amazing!

Thanks for the kind words Arne,

Without the encouragement of these Northwest guys I would not be where I am today. Yes almost all of the work has been done with these hands. There is some coaching and some demonstrations that did happen early on in the metal bumping and shrinking areas partly because I do not own a torch. I have made a couple of trips down to see these guys and their cars. I have come back inspired every time. You need to see their cars in person. I only hope this one will measure up to their standards. Truly a great group of guys to be a hobbyist with. Thanks to all who have helped in this process across the states.

Thanks for the kind words Arne...

...I have made a couple of trips down to see these guys and their cars. I have come back inspired every time. You need to see their cars in person. I only hope this one will measure up to their standards.

My car thanks you too, Jim. But I took the lazy man's way out - I bought mine in its present nice condition. I can be pleased with it, but all it took was money and a bit of luck (to stumble upon it). You on the other hand, will be able to take personal pride in yours. It's different, I know, because I've been in that place too. (More or less.)

Put her in the sunlight the first time this afternoon after paint. She still needs some clean up work. Then reassembly. I am getting real ready for the reassembly to happen. May need some extra strength coffee to make Canby.

post-1188-1415080019668_thumb.jpg

post-1188-14150800196985_thumb.jpg

post-1188-14150800197192_thumb.jpg

post-1188-14150800197392_thumb.jpg