IGNORED

Super Skyline????

ChrisA

For the Skyline fans here. Saw this today. Wow!

http://www.autoblog.com/page/2/

"During our time in the grand metropolis of Geneva, we had every intention of spending some quality time at the tuner expo adjacent to the main halls. But with all that was going on, time was limited, and aside from the R8-ified TT and those kick arse chairs that our friend Paukert found, there wasn't too much of interest. Then we came across this.

The European firm DigitalChip didn't think that the stock RB in their shop's Skyline R34 GT-R had enough juice, so they yanked the stock mill and replaced it with a 7L V12. And then – just for kicks – bolted on four turbos. The result: 1000+ HP, 1000 NM of torque, a 0-60 time of 2.9 seconds and a quarter mile trap speed at the low end of nine seconds. Complete with carbon-ceramic brakes (381mm front, 355mm rear), 13x18-inch wheels and weighing a paltry 2,200 pounds, the GTR "Unlimited" can reach a maximum speed of 220 MPH and seems to be the highlight of several shows and tuner magazines abroad"

Chris A.

post-5906-14150799906911_thumb.jpg

Speaking of the Bugatti.....how'd you like to be the guy who is known as the one who wrecked the first one? Not me! HAHAHAHAHA!

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/supercars/bugatti-veyron-smash/

"More details surrounding the Veyron crash have emerged, including the identity of the driver and its unfortunate owner. The Mail reports the vehicle was registered to 41-year old businessman Kumar Soni, but it’s believed the person behind the wheel at the time of the accident was his younger brother, 39-year old Ajay Soni. The crash occurred near the owner’s £3 million Surrey home in the UK, and neighbors claim it had caused a heated argument between the two brothers.

It’s also thought that the £830,000 supercar was only delivered last week and is one of only a dozen such models in the UK. Onlookers claim the car was travelling in excess of 100mph before the driver lost control, hit a Vauxhall Astra driven by a seven-month pregnant woman, and spun three times before crashing into trees beside the road.

Local police have taken details, and the driver is currently being investigated for driving without due care and attention. Fortunately, no-one was injured during the accident. The Soni family run several car hire and property companies based in London.

Previous: We’ve seen plenty of smashed Ferrari Enzos but this is the first time we’ve across images of a wrecked Bugatti Veyron. Information is sketchy, but it’s thought that a pool of water on the road caused the AWD supercar to lose traction and then spin out of control, sending it head first into a ditch near Shepperton in the UK. Most of the cabin section and engine compartment look relatively undamaged, however, it’s hard to determine what internal damage to the drivetrain there is if any. Hopefully the driver got out unscathed.

According to the source, this is the first time a private customer has actually crashed a Veyron. Engineers reportedly destroyed two prototype examples during testing, which was part of the reason for the long delays during the vehicle’s development.

FWIW,

Chris A.

P.S. I'd rather have ANY Skyline!

post-5906-14150799908102_thumb.jpg

You know they aren't going to fix that, so I wonder how much it will go for at the insurance auction...

but I agree, I'd much rather a Skyline for many reasons, not the least of which (in comparison) is having a back seat, and a trunk that is worth something.

Of course, I doubt the trunk on the Super Skyline is functional, but at least there is some interior space.

If I had the money, I would totally take the Veyron. It is built like a super car just like that Skyline, but then the Veyron is also very luxurious, which you don't get in the Skyline. Skyline looks to be a one seater, w/ roll bars everywhere. Not a daily driver. Plus I wouldn't be surprised to see the entire car start falling a part after a few times in the 200+ mph range. On Top Gear, they took the Veyron to its top speed, and the car was barely even shacking at all.

Its also sorta funny that the Skyline is 2,200lbs lighter yet is still even slower 0 to 60 against the Veyron.