IGNORED

What would you put in the New Club DVD?

hls30.com

What would you include in the new club DVD?  

431 members have voted

1. 1. What would you include in the new club DVD?

• Factory Sercvice manuals
    • Owners Manuals
    • Individual sysem Supplements (heater, emissions, radio manuals)
    • Parts Manuals
    • Nissan Fast for Z cars only
    • Print ads
    • Video Commercials
    • Pictures from our Archives
    • Datsun Z Documents / materials from around the world.
    • Pictures of Datsun Z Memorabilia
    • Copies of vintage third party catalogs (MSA, Bob Sharp, VB)
    • Pertinant news articles (exclusive of advertisements)
    • A "What not to do to a Z" section
    • A "best of the archives" tips and tricks section
    • A history of the Z as compiled by the members of Classic Zcars.com

If it were up to you, what would you put in the new club DVD? Please also put the years you think it should cover!

The only criteria to be met is the inclusions ust be Original Datsun/Nissan documents/media, or they must be verifiable as undisputabley public domain.

Sorry, I don't think pictures from the Boobs thread will make it in...there are plenty of those type of dvds available elsewhere!

Post anything I don't list that you think needs to be there.

Although expanding to cover '69-'83 would entail a lot more work, it would be easier to do now rather than later. (easy for me to say I'm not doing it). As far as print ads, commercials, archive pictures, vintage catalogs and memoriabilia, I don't think they belong on the same DVD. Tips, tricks, what not to do, is covered pretty much by the Search function and Forums discussions. Something else that would be good? - footnotes covering mistakes and amnomalies in the original printed data. Worldwide input is a definite plus in my view because I am an information junkie and never tire of learning. Kudos!! to the developers of this DVD, and I am placing my Advance Order in for a copy as soon as it is completed.

My thought was to include everything with a common or interchangeable drive line. That would Make it '69-1983, and that is a goal I have been collecting toward(not that I have anything like all of the pieces collected)>

My original outline for this project is a world-wide yearly collection of:

1) Owners Manuals

2) the rest documents that came with the car

3) Factory Service Manuals

4) Supplemental Manuals

5) Technical Bulletins

6) Parts Manuals

7) Nissan Fast (only Z(X) info '69-'83)

In my preliminary study of the size requirements needed for the above, I used '1972 as a representative year, and came up with less than 80mb for all of the printed documentation I could obtain for '72(Model L20A, L24 Series Engines Manual, Datsun 240Z Sports Model S300 Series chassis and Body, Heater Manual, Emissions Control System manual, Technical Bulletins 1972,Warranty and Service Booklet, Hitachi KM-1520ZC, and 240z Model Brochure)

I rounded up to 100 MB, and with 15 years to cover, estimated that 1.5 gigabytes would be more than enough to hold all of the USA versions of the literatiure, Doube it for the other family members(assuming good participation in the project world wide), and we are at 3 gigabytes, leaving 1.7 gigabytes on the DVD to hold anything else interesting- all of the extras!

Since Mike sells the club CD on ebay ocassionally, I thought including a "Readers Digest Version" of some of our more valuable threads might be a good advertisement for club membership aimed at the non member ebay buyer.

I thought the compiled Z history would be good because we have members who have been quoted in a good many publications, and members who have written a good many publications, and we have a collective of world wide Z knowledge with checks and balances from all over the world that allow us a unique perspective that only comes from the synergy of a diverse and active member base with sometimes opposed viewpoints.

Will