IGNORED

Z lust/4 kids/Long Drive to work

ArnieTX

What happens when the 2yo starts school? Will you be driving Him/Her too? I've never paid any attention to the 2+2, but I assume the back seat is indeed for 2 not 3, otherwise it would be a 2+3. So I'm thinking the 2+2 won't work for long.

I vote for option #3... Used Maxima. Outstanding car, as sporty as a 4dr can be, rock solid reliability and a full decade or two of safety innovations ahead of the 280... gotta think of your most precious cargo :cheeky:

Nate

I think he would still be fine if this case -- 2+2 = 4 seats, 1 driver and 3 kids :classic:

Hell, you could even modify your Buick. If it already has the Series motor (3.8L V6) in it you are in better luck. Little needs to be done to the motor itself and you can strap on a supercharger. If you don't, you can find a Supercharged Series II/III (Series II is better still at 3.8L) motor for fairly cheap. Plus the trannies are awesome and extremely smooth for these motors. Stock you can be pushing some 240hp, if you use factory settings, though if you make your own settings you can easily get 300hp to 330hp out of the motor using an Eaton M90 supercharger.

For some reason, I have always wanted a 4th Generation Buick Regal with the 3.8L motor in there Supercharged+intercooled pushing some 300+ HP. They are a lower profile car as no one thinks a granny car is going to be tricked out under the hood, they are extremely comfortable inside and don't look all that bad on the outside. Plus you also get one of the most reliable motors ever made.

I think he would still be fine if this case -- 2+2 = 4 seats, 1 driver and 3 kids :classic:

Damn... I'm an idiot :stupid: I guess I get all wraped up in the idea that young'uns shouldn't be in the front seat... that's all I'm thinking about with my first one on the way. No doubt though, I'm sure a Max is a safer ride than the Z.

I vote for choice 2..

IF your Buick is in good condition and smoothly runs.. buying an almost 30 years old datsun may have some minor repair requirements which will cost you TIME and might end up a side of the highway..

2+2 is still a 2 door car, means front seat passenger has to bug off when those guys from the back go in/out..

just save your money for the moment. collect more money than what you have right now and go for your DREAM CAR..

I had 2+2, didn't satisfy me a bit when I see a 2 seather pass by..

2+2 is more practical for 4 passengers IN CASE of non existance of 4 door cars:)

it was just an opinion.. good luck pal.