IGNORED

I would appreciate your opinions please

Mckrack

The Open Zcar discussion threads are for Z content!

This one is for discussing opinions/information on side mouldings, if you would like to post on an unrelated item, please do-but in a more apropriate Forum and thread-on second thought, I'll start one just for ficticious identities where it belongs-in the Chit chat forum.

Will

Thanks Will I appreciate the advice. As for a Mike Hunt or whoever I have absolutely no idea who that guy is but if he wants to chime in on the body side molding issue I would be intetersted in his thoughts on the matter.

Other then that I don't get the post.

McKrack

Steve, Carl brokered the deal, I actually bought it from the guy has the arguably the best Z-car collection (I think he is at 17 Z's now) in the US (and only lives across town from me). This guy bought my car and two factory resto cars from the Nissan collection, and Carl was kind enough to put me in touch with him and we made a deal. :classic:

I feel bad for McKrack if he isn't in fact "the owner of the lowest mileage Z on the planet" guy.

In an effort to stay on topic, even though it's not clear what that is at this point, here's a pic of my car with what are believed to be dealer added, simulated wood grain, stick-on side moulding. For the record, I don't normally like these things, but in this case I feel like they actually add to the overall look of the car, had they been mounted with a little more accuracy.......perhaps it's just 30+ yrs of sag.

As mentioned previously in this thread by someone else, they seem to highlight the lines of the body fairly well. That being said, the driver's side strips are starting to come loose due to being baked by the sun under my car cover, and will probably be replaced with some pin striping to match the other subtle pin striping on the rim of the hood and tail.

161.JPG

07.JPG

I remember those. They were sold at auto parts stores in long rolls, usually in black with "chrome" edging. Cut, peel, and stick. If you didn't know how to do it right, it would be wavy. We would tape a straight edge (usually an old fashioned yardstick) to the car and use that as a guide to keep the moulding straight. If done correctly, it did add to the visual lines of the car while protecting against door dings.