IGNORED

New Paint!

zeiss150

Hey Z people! I just thought I would share my paint job results. I painted my Car in November, I used PPG LeMans Sunset (Nissan 350Z color A17). It is a 2 stage paint, base coat/ clear coat. I used a professinal spray booth at my local high school. There is an adult education program for auto body paint and repair that is taught there, for $20 you can learn how to do body work and paint your car in a pro spray booth. I still need to color sand the hood and fenders but so far I think it looks beautiful. I'm getting the bumpers welded up and re-chromed, once I get them back and on the Z I'll take some awesome pictures of my car. If you have any questions please let me know.

Matt-

post-5540-14150799305781_thumb.jpg

Matt, where abouts is this course taught? I live around Irvine and have been looking for such as course (as well as one for welding).

By the way, I owned a 2003 Le Mans Sunset 350z and absolutely love the color. I am still debating what color I will paint my car. I was going to go with the same color as yours, but I am heavily leaning towards the new Mustang Orange with a satin black accent on the hood/ hood cowl.

Hey Bo, The class is held at fullerton high school. It is run through the north orange county ROP program. The class is monday through friday 8am - 5am, it covers everything including mig welding. The cool thing about the class is you dont have to go all day every day... you just go when you can and as long as you can. do a google search for north orange county ROP and you'll find it. I hope this helps, and I cant wait to see the color you pic for your Z.

Matt-

• 4 weeks later...