New Paint! - Page 2 - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

New Paint!

Featured Replies

want to paint my car? I'll even throw in some cash!

this is my latest completed step in the restore process, curently I have new seat covers, rebuilt engine, window tint ,new windshield, tires and stereo,what I need to finish this is to put struts, carpet and an open road

tring to attach new pctures of my new paint

Thats the exact color I had my 240z repainted back in December...looks great!!

  • Author

Thanks for all the great comments guys. I have no plans to paint anyone eleses car... no matter how much cash is thrown at me. LOL I am way to much of a perfectionist and it would take me forever to get another car done. I'm still waiting for the bumpers to be done. I can't wait for the MSA west coast show this year. I'm wondering how many early modle Z's will have this new color. Thanks again guys

Matt-

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Where did you buy the paint?? I have been thinking of a color to paint my car that isnt red, and I really like that sunset orange. How much did it cost per gallon?

-Justin

  • Author

Hi Justin, I got the paint at a store about 2 miles from my house. Its an automotive paint store, so thats all they do. I got PPG and it cost me over 600 dollars for one gallon. I could have painted the car with 2/3 of a gallon but now I have lots of extra paint. I did a little shopping around before I bought my paint and another store in my area wanted 900 buck for a gallon of the same paint. the $600 got me everything I needed for the paint job (except the spray gun and the booth). There are less expensive paints out there (in the same color) but I wanted the best and I wanted it to last a looooong time. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Matt-

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.