FS - L24 from '71 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

FS - L24 from '71

Featured Replies

Well, I've made the decision to part with the L24 motor from my 240Z. This motor was originally pulled from the car around 60k miles by previous owner (moving to larger engine). I bought the engine from him when I bought the car. Has been removed again for larger engine swap.

Engine has less than 5k miles on new rings, new seals, and new gaskets. Also pulled 139 hp at the wheels on a dyno. (I will locate the chart soon).

Does not include the following:

-Intake manifold or carbs

-exhaust manifold

-alternator

-valve cover shown in picture (another one is included)

-thermostat housing

-fuel rail

Also, the water pump was brand new when this motor was put in the car three years ago.

$100 obo, pick up in San Antonio, Tx.

kens240z(at)hotmail(dot)com

post-1264-14150799090584_thumb.jpg

Which head on the car? When rebuilt, honed only or any overbore?

Thanks

Paul

  • Author

Sorry about the late reply guys. I've been out of town since Tuesday.

This has the E31 head on it. (I guess I should have mentioned that.) All valve seals were replaced with new. All gaskets were replaced with new. All rings were replaced with new. Since the PO had removed the engine for an upgrade early in its life, cylinders were checked and honed only. Pistons were cleaned. Valves were cleaned and lightly reground (bedded-in) with valve seats. Main and rod bearings were checked for clearance and re-used. All freeze plugs were replaced with new.

Please keep in mind that this engine has seen track use, but only for autocross, no wheel-to-wheel racing.

  • Author

Engine has been sold.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.