IGNORED

What is wrong with the 350Z?

hls30.com

What is wrong with the 350Z?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. What is wrong with the 350Z?

• 1) Nothing but nitpicky stuf!
    • 2) Too many accountants telling engineers/stylists what they can't do.
    • The wheels aren't right.
    • No forced induction version.
    • Too flashy interior
    • the interior is not flashy enough
    • The car wasn't ment to be a part of the grocery getting lifestyle.
    • Too many gizmos.
    • Fit and finish leaves a little to be desired.
    • Nissan didn't build in some performance that the after market charges too much for.
    • OMG it IS ugly!
    • It is too beautiful to drive on the street
    • Looks too much like a frog to be taken seriously-until you get left...
    • it is a mismash of design-elements are used once instead of repeatedly.
    • Are you nutZ the car is da bomb!!

My base 2006 without the spare or jack and 1/2 tank of fuel weighs 3217. Earlier base models are lighter with some just under 3100. The huge weights quoted in most magazines were from fully loaded press fleet cars.

What all adds so much weight in a fully loaded vehicle? Deluxe sound? What else is there?

the 350z is a roadrace car...and its great. Period. You think the car has no soul? You think its too heavy? Track the thing. You talking about a sunday cruise?...ah i could care less about a cruise. Even on the auto-x the car performs..i remove all floormats and spare and jack....on track days..the passenger seat as well...the car feels very nimble...tons of grip even on street tires (compared to my older Zs)..and just enough power to get on it hard coming out of corners. Slap on some slicks...and oh man..hold on. Then i swap my wheels, slap in my street brake pads, and replace the interior components i took off.....back to daily driver baby.

All of this is my opinion based on my experiences. This car has great abilities that no one gives it credit for(well guys at the events i go to give it credit cuz they ahve seen it first hand). It is a sports car and now that ive gotten it on the race track..it can hold the Z badge proudly imo as it passes a porsche...it happens.

Besides being too heavy, too TT like, too underpowered, and so unlike what Ford managed to do with the new Mustang, you have to ask yourself just one question; "In 30 years will the 350 be as loved as the 240 is today?" Maybe that should be the poll question instead........

Would have been nice if Nissan had done what Porsche has done since the 912/911 was introduced. Massage, hone, refine, perfect.

Maybe an inline 6 (3.5L +) double ohc 4 valve cranking out an 11:1 streetable compression with EFI and direct ignition.........and we'd be paying for it in Porsche dollars too!

Yes it has deviated from the original but Nissan is still making the affordable GT.

Mustangs are modern day muscle cars, can't compare or argue that.